“Nice surprise”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Nice surprise”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

A great atmosphere and nice sandwiches. I love pick your on sandwiches. I have not been here except for lunch, but I loved sitting outside.

Visited September 2012

Birmingham, Alabama
“great for drinks, but only have sandwiches”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

our group loved the atmosphere to have drinks after work but were disappointed in the menu... no appetizer/bar snacks to speak of and only sandwiches/soup for dinner.. great selection of beers though

Visited July 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“An eclectic Dive Bar”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Legend says it one of the "Top 10 Bars to FLY to". We visited on a Saturday afternoon. One of these places if you don't know how to order.....you won't get a thing? Go to the bar get a drink....walk steps back to the kitchen counter - order soup/sandwhich. It didn't come with instructions! They have a funky courtyard which has art/antique shops facing it, which I'm guessing is the draw. The bartender was rude and there ARE no waitresses that I saw? The neighborhood is VERY SUSPECT!
I think its a locals' hang out....but tourists beware!

Visited August 2012
Los Angeles, California
“ok at best”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

No good food and I was hungry. Beer selection was good. They carried Palm beer...but who doesn't. Yeah just not impressed.

Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My home”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Mellow and tucked away can describe the bar and its location. I always here a tune over head that was lost in my mind until that moment. This is where I like to hang out on a lazy Sat afternoon and get a mid day buzz or late at night before I rest my head.

• Visited November 2012

Been to Garage Cafe? Share your experiences!