“Best hotel in Birmingham”

The Westin Birmingham
Ranked #17 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I was back in Birmingham for my 3rd business trip and this was the 3rd hotel I've tried downtown. I travel weekly so I've had the opportunity to see the goods and bads in hotel industry. Finally I got it right. Check-in was quick and easy. Was happy to find the hotel spotless. From the elevator to the hallways, everything was spotless. I was happy to find my room in perfect shape, furniture was in great shape, bathroom was spotless and windows were clean. Worked out in the hotel gym and was happy what I found. Most hotels just have a rack of dumbells, a bench and a treadmill. This gym had a 3-4 treadmill machines, 2 elliptical,a cycling machine and pulley machine with options of doing just about any workout including a pull up bar. Valet was super quick and helped with luggage. Had breakfast twice in the pub restaurant and found it to be delicious. My only suggestion would be to allow you to sub items in for unwanted ones. I hope to be back at the Westin during my next business trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a high corner room overlooking the entertainment district
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank cop35758
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Hello cop35758,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We hope you stay with us the next time your in Birmingham!

There are newer reviews for The Westin Birmingham

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We were in town over the weekend for the Antique Roadshow - Westin Hotel was very nice staff was excellent - had a king room on corner - everything was very clean - love the Heavenly Beds - we parked in the garage which is $8.00 as long as you stay in. Valet parking was $22 per stay if your going in and out a lot. Very convenience to convention center - take the sky ramp over to Sheraton - then sky ramp right into convention center. Your inside throughout - restaurants were good - coffee cafe was excellent - just across the street is a new project underway - there was a new steakhouse open that was packed - a bar and music business that was hopping - signs for several more due to open shortly. 5 stars for us.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Bob S
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Hello Bob S,

Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed here for an event at BSC. Convenient to the College and convenient to places that I wanted to visit, ex Highlands Grill.
Staff were very accommodating and friendly.
Rooms were nice, bed comfortable, and Octane coffee bar conveniently located in lobby.
The fitness center was adequate. Plenty of cardio equipment, but lacking in resistance training.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank BB32547
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Hello BB32547,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was there for the Steel Jazz Music Festival, June 6-8. The hotel is wonderful. It's attached to the Sheraton Birmingham. It's walking distance to Linn Park and other spots in Birmingham(not sure if that's downtown Birmingham or not). We arrived around 1:30 and were able to check in quickly and immediately. We received the room with double beds as requested. No switch and bait. Check out was just as smooth. The rooms were modern, spacious and very clean. The food in the hotel's resturant was good. There is a regular bar inside of the coffee bar and the bartender made great drinks. Be sure to get a parking pass from the front desk. I would glady recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank abenitaj

Hello abenitaj,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay . I am very happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay visit. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Definitely an upscale, urban feel for Birmingham--a great addition to the city. I got there before my friend, so hung out at the lobby bar until she got there and thoroughly enjoyed my gin and tonic. The room was a fair size, beds comfortable, and room service tasty, though it took awhile to be delivered. The hotel is connected to the civic center, which made our commute to a concert very easy. What really sets this hotel apart is the concierge staff. They were extremely helpful in calling us a cab and making recommendations for nightlife in the city--and they had such a great, fun attitude! Only downside is the rooftop pool: it's very small. Definitely would recommend to a friend!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Hi allenrigby,

Thank you for taking the time to write a glowing reivew about our hotel and exceptional concierge staff. We take pride in providing our guest with excellent service and I love to see that shine through. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We chose this facility for a Memorial Day weekend "staycation." The rooms were nice and still had a new hotel feel to them. Our 6th-floor room, facing the entertainment district seemed well insulated from the noise below. The staff was personable and responsive to all of our requests, including moving us away from a wedding party to a different floor. We also enjoyed having half-a-dozen restaurants within a blocks walk. This is not a great hotel, but it is certainly one of the best in Birmingham.

Room Tip: For the best views, get the highest possible floor facing the entertainment district
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WWK764
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Hello WWK764,

Thank you for taking the time out to write a review about your recent stay with us! We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

This hotel is one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in, the hotel lobby is very nice and the room I stayed in (Room 905) was super nice. The bed was extremely comfortable and the amenities in the room were top notch. The bathroom had a "rain" shower which was very nice. The hotels other facilities (i.e. workout room and pool ) were perfect and kept in very nice condition. The hotel had a restaurant that was nice but kind of expensive. I would certainly stay here again and recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Birmingham.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
sheswithstarwood, Marketing Coordinator at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

Hi Sfiedor,

Thank you for writing a kind review about your recent stay with us. I am excited to hear that you would recommend our hotel and plan to stay here again. Until next time....