“Excellent Service!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Detroit, Michigan
“Excellent Service!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

If you are heading to Birmingham anytime soon I definitely recommend this hotel! The rooms are what you expect out of any Westin but the staff is what stands out. Gabriel Jenkins and Dominique White went above and beyond the call of duty during my entire stay to ensure I had everything I needed to feel comfortable -- even after the unexpected winter storm hit . I am a frequent traveler and I rarely write reviews --- but these two ladies fully embody the spirit of strong customer service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank TW52014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this newly built hotel. One of the nicest things about the hotel was how quiet it was on our floor. The hotel itself is very nice and decorated well. The hotel staff is very attentive. We were there for an event at the BJCC and the ease of getting there was wonderful. The bed was great. The shower is to die for. The only thing I can really think negative about it is the distance between parking in the deck and getting into the hotel. However, the alternative is to use valet parking. All in all, we will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed January 2014
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

This is a delightful find in the heart of Birmingham. Standard Westin heavenly beds :) The staff is wonderful with Southern charm. The restaurant is a Todd English type pub, and the room service was prompt and delicious. Too bad that I couldn't stay longer!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Meridian, Mississippi
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My family and I wanted a hotel we had not been to before when visiting Birmingham last December. We chose the Westin hotel in Birmingham. It's supposed to be an upscale contemporary hotel but did not live up to my expectation. It is nice and about average but the room we stayed in was not as clean. My sons brought along their toys and as soon as my 3 year old got down to play, he had hairs all over him. I called the front desk and told them about it. They apologized and said it would be taken care of but they never did. After the room was cleaned the next day, it seemed there were even more hairs to be found; not accepted at all.

Also, for the nightly rate charged, parking should be included but you have to pay for parking in the attached garage. There are no pay-per-view options for TV/entertainment and the channel line-up is a joke. Almost certain that we won't be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Beeesam
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed for two nights for the BBVA compass bowl. Check in did not go smoothly as they had lost my reservation.... despite the fact I had the reservation code. And I couldn't help but feel I was inconveniencing them based off the reception I had, not the other way around. From there, we got put into an average size/style room. They were very clean and modern, but I just had less of a luxury vibe compared to other Westins I had stayed in. The shower (only a shower in king rooms) was a "rain" shower and was very nice. We were on the 8th floor (I think there were only 10?) so that was nice to be a bit higher up.

The Todd English PUB was jumping (perhaps due to all the football fans) and had a fabulous selection of beer and ambiance- we loved it!! Speaking of, they handle the room service for the hotel. The first night we ordered an omlette on the late night menu, just save yourself the $25. However, after a long next day, we ordered room service for dinner and it was amazing. The mac & cheese, to die for!

All and all, I'd stay again if I went back and wanted to be in that area since it the newer hotel. The area is getting built out a bit and should have future places to eat and visit around it in the future.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kaileyann
texas
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is a brand new hotel and overall is a top flight business hotel. The rooms are spacious with top flight HD tvs, plenty of plugs and great beddings. The workout room is another story. there are only 6 fitness machines, and only one weight machine. At 630 am there was a line and likewise at 730. Given the number of rooms and the expected number of guests for business meetings, the workout room is woefully inadequate and under equipped. Business travelers are usually on a tight schedule and having to come back later to fit a work out in just does not work. This workout room would have been small for a hotel half this size. Hopefully management will find another spot and get more equipment to finish off what is otherwise a wonderful property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank oskiwow
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I recently stayed one night at The Westin Birmingham. It is a lovely hotel. Room was very clean and beds slept great. Front desk staff was exceptionally friendly. We had a late arrival and they were so helpful once we got there. It is also easy to find and in a great location near the civic center and not too far from the airport. Highly recommend this hotel when visiting Birmingham.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family