“Awesome stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome stay”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The only minus was the fact that there were so many ppl in the pool area due to a cheer conference but rooms were great and clean. Valet parking is incredible and very attentive. Gene in valet was great and also very welcoming and I could tell he wanted my business which is one of our key drivers with Wells Fargo.

• Stayed June 2013
Mark N, General Manager at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Santiago P,

We are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. It is great to hear that you found our hotel ambassadors to be friendly as well as accommodating. We look forward to your next visit.

Be well

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Booked the room on priceline. Gave the staff another card at check in to charge valet to. Ate in the pub, paid cash. I have called customer service twice to NO AVAIL. I will be calling the office in the morning for a third and final call before I drive to the hotel 2 hours away to resolve. What do i have to do?

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear danihipkins,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We are truly sorry for the issues you encountered during your recent stay at our hotel. What you described is not an experience that we wish to provide our guests. As a result, I am happy that our management team was able to connect with you, resolve your situation and make things right again. We have shared your feedback with the team so that situations like this are prevented. We hope to have a new opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

jacksonville
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we were immediately greeted with southern hospitality. The doormen, valet crew and front desk staff were very friendly. Not to mention the lobby and entrance was very nice and contemporary. The rooms in the hotel was OK, it was very minimalist in style and decent. My only complaint about my stay at The Westin was the fact that my room was never cleaned during my stay. The hotel also lacked a concierge and club level for the hotel. They did have a nice restaurant however in the hotel. Overall the hotel is very nice and I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed June 2013
Dover AFB, DE
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Pretty hotel, bad customer service. My husband and I are active duty military and did receive a discount when calling. Booked two king rooms, we stayed two nights(with two dogs), the other half of our group came a day later and stayed one night. I had asked ahead of time if rooms could be adjoining, I was told we would have to wait until check in. Upon check in, asked again, was advised we would have to wait for the following day when the other half of our group arrived. The following day our party arrived earlier than expected and tried to check in early, was advised there are no adjoining rooms available at this time and would have to wait until 3pm(normal check in time), at 3pm after four adults and two dogs waited in a room for 5 hours, my husband went down to see if the adjoining room was available. He was told(by the same woman who told us to come back at a later time) there are no rooms available next to ours and that she "already tried to explain to your wife" that there are no adjoining king rooms at all...I was never made aware of this, we weren't upset the rooms are not adjoining, but we should have been made aware of this long before sitting in a room for 5 hrs waiting for what we thought would become available. There was an issue with customer service losing the paperwork we had to sign off on for our dogs, they called our room and asked my husband downstairs if we had dogs and who we filled the paperwork out with and still asked us (3 different times) to redo it again. We also had a billing issue during check out for two charges of about $12, the self parking fee. Upon reservation and stating we were military I was told there would be no parking fee if we self park(I asked this again at check in and was told that is correct). The woman at the desk did not want to take off the charge but asked if there's anything else she can do for us today, we said yes, you can remove these fees we were not made aware of. She said "fine, I'll just take them off then" the not what she said it's how she said it. We were not the only guests in the foyer at that time and if I was that guest waiting to check in and I heard that, I would have walked away. Completely unacceptable!

Room Tip: Try a higher floor to avoid noise from the restaurant.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank cscabb
Dear cscabb,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We are truly sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent retreat to our hotel. We would like to apologize about the erroneous charges and the indifferent encounters you experienced with a few of our ambassadors. Your experience is not the Westin way and we are sorry about these inconveniences. We will share your feedback with our management team so that we can ensure we are always providing our guests with the top quality service we are normally known for. We hope to have a new opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kansas
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I recently traveled traveled to Birmingham for my nephew's graduation. I did not pick this hotel, my brother did. God bless him!

From the moment I stepped out of the cab, I knew I was in for something special. I was greeted by Logan and Eugene, and kind of felt I was at a Waldorf Astoria level hotel. It did not stop there. I met Lauren at the front desk, and she continued the amazing service. Eugene came back, and took me to my room. It is a great room. Clean, large, and well appointed.

I saw Eugene many times during my stay, and EVERY time he called me by name. Who does that? Someone with an amazing dedication to service, that's who.

I can't possibly communicate how impressive this hotel is. The service is beyond expectations. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and roomy. The fitness center is awesome. My only complaint is directed at the city of Birmingham. Can you PLEASE do something to develop your downtown? I really want to stay downtown, AND walk to a convenience/drug store.

Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mark N, General Manager at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear DaddyYo,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We appreciate you taking time to recognize the staff and the hotel amenities. We are incredibly happy to have exceeded your expectations. Moreover, we look forward to the opportunity to have you with us in the near future.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I absolutely love this hotel! The staff very professional & courteous to me every month I am there for business. Eugene is one of my favorite freindly faces who is so helpful & kind. I remember I had problems with my key when I came back from business, Eugene stayed with me until maintenance was able to fix the lock. He said he wanted to make sure I was safe. Now that's top notch service! The beds are so comfortable & the shower is divine! Keep up the good job!

Room Tip: Get a room with glass encased shower, feels like heaven :-)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mark N, General Manager at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Bernadette D,

Thank you for your kind words and 5-star review. It's always rewarding when the efforts of our staff help create a great experience for our guests. We appreciate your review and we look forward to making your getaway a continued success on future visits to Birmingham!
Broussard, Louisiana
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my short stay, will be back if ever in the area again. I have to say the employees are very courteous especially Devon the lobby bar tender, he should be in customer relations or management role. Really made sure my visit was pleasant and you can tell he had enjoyed his job. Hotel is new, has a great atmosphere and a awesome pub with great food. The best Tuna I have ever had!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Cajunnking,

We appreciate you taking the time to post positive comments about your overal experience - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!