The Westin Birmingham
Kings Inn(Birmingham)
Tourway Inn(Birmingham)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsthe todd english puboctane coffeeconvention centerrain showerfront deskentertainment districtroom servicelobby barrooftop poolnice hotelrestaurants and barsself parkinghotel guestsbusiness hotelguest roomscheck in was a breezeparking deck
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hubby and I stayed to check out the new hotel in town and celebrate Valentine's Day. The property itself is in pristine condition (due to the fact it's newly opened) - and all the guest areas are beautiful - the lobby was nicely decorated - great front desk staff, and lobby bartender was exceptionally helpful and made excellent cocktails.

Our room was on the 9th floor - all the room amenities you expect from a Westin - great bedding and bathroom - comfortable and good sized. Our view, however, was not anything I'd want to look at if you were staying for more than a night (it overlooked the air-conditioning machinery and another building across the street) - I'd ask for more of a city view - even if that meant looking at the freeway through town!.

Our only disappointment was the size of the pool area - the surrounding deck is nice enough with cabanas and there will be a bar outside - also some couch/lounge seating - BUT the size of the space and the actual size of the pool are TOO SMALL! Come on Westin - you could have claimed the top spot in town for this - but you didn't think big enough!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mark N, General Manager at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear accurate_one,

Thank you for taking time to experience our newest Westin property and for writing a review about your stay. The popularity of the Westin brand seems to have been demonstrated during your stay, which included your enjoyable check-in process and the comfort of our Heavenly bed and beddings. We understand that the pool did not meet your expectations, but I am happy to hear that your overall experience was satisfactory. I appreciate the comments that you have shared with us and we certainly look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great place for business or family. The staff really makes the hotel and the building was very nice as well. My wife left something in the car that was valet parked and the attendant located the item and provided it with a smile. As a family we had several pieces of luggage and the attendant was so helpful. The kids did not like the food in the restaurant and the staff provided a solution that pleased my wife and kids. Great place to stay. Awesome.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Mark N, General Manager at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Michael H,

Thank you for providing such a wonderful review about the hotel and the individuals that made your time with us special. We hope to have the opportunity to make your stay special again in the near future.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here two nights this past weekend for a family event and we were pleasantly surprised with a gorgeous hotel. The entire staff was very professional and helpful; we were greeted by the Director of operations and made us feel welcome. My room was very clean as well as the guest areas. We had a drink at the bar and the bartender “Ralph” was awesome. We also went to the restaurant and the food was outstanding, the ambiance was unique. I will definitely go back to the Westin and I can say that is the best hotel I have stayed in Alabama.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alejandra T

Thank you Alejandra T for reviewing The Westin Birmingham.

I am happy to hear that your time with us was refreshing. Moreover, I am happy that our staff was able to make an indelible impression of professionalism and friendliness.

We look forward to having you (and your family) with us again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night with my husband, 4yo son, and 8 month old girl on the way back home to Atlanta. Gorgeous hotel lobby and beautifully decorated and spacious rooms! I definitely didn't feel like I was in Birmingham. They have a great restaurant downstairs which had plenty of choices for the entire family. The staff is very friendly and accommodating - and helped us out when we had a slight issue with the parking deck. Definitely will return here again!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank TraciJD05
Mark N, General Manager at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear TraciJD05,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. Our goal is to have you leave feeling better than when you've arrived, and it seems as though we've accomplished this. Thank you for posting a wonderful review.

We can’t wait to have you and your family join us again.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This hotel is brand new and right by the BJCC.The Sheraton was full and my child had an event she was going to at the civic center. We pulled up thinking wow this place is nice it's probably going to be extremely expensive or they are not going to have any rooms available.We were pleasantly surprised by getting the same rate as another place 2 miles away.The staff were all so extremely nice accomodating and welcoming with smiles and wonderful service. There were two guys in particular Mr. Willie Collins and a guy named Russel who stuck out because they were helpful with any of our needs and questions during our stay. Also, they have a cat walk going directly inside the civic center which was very nice with a weekend event going on and freezing weather, so we didnt have to go outside at all. I would definitely reccommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: I did not go to the fitness center but Im sure its's top notch like everything else!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank steve h
Mark N, General Manager at The Westin Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear steve h,

Thank you so much for providing a wonderful review about The Westin Birmingham; we appreciate your kind words! Moreover, we are delighted to hear that your expectations were exceeded during your stay with us. We anticipate your return in the near future.

Warmest Regards,