“I can say nothing bad about this restaurant.”

Highlands Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Highlands Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 977 Restaurants in Birmingham
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 20th Street South
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I've been going to this restaurant for over 20 years. Started when I was in med school, but couldn't afford it too often then. Now, I like to go twice monthly, if my schedule permits. Everything on the menu is wonderful !!!
Somehow, they always have the best oysters that I've ever eaten ... they must know how to pick them! You will not be disappointed; but must make reservations well in advance.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Highlands Bar and Grill is one of my favorite spots for an evening drink or bite to eat. The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The p;ace has a real buzz, it reminds me of being in Paris. Sloan will mix you an amzing drink! You must go, check out Tuesday nights!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Dined with friends after the BBVA Bowl game. As always, this is one of Birmingham's finest. Make your reservations early though because it is always busy. Service is fantastic. Always a great choice for any occasion.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have been wined and dined in all the big cities...NYC, LA, SF, Chicago...and this by far is the BEST American restaurant I have ever been to. I ordered a veal that wasn't as good as my husband's steak. I didn't complain, but the guy asked...and I said it was ok, I wish I ordered the steak. He immediately took my plate and said the steak should only take 10 minutes and apologized. The steak he brought me was divine!!!! With blue cheese butter...I still dream about it at night. He also introduced me to Pappy Van Winkle whiskey...only the best Whiskey EVER! Their tuna tartar was like eating poke on a fancy cracker. I hate grits...but their grits made my mouth wanting more! I ended taht night with a coconut cake that I order from their sister restaurants ever since that night. Ok enough blabbing...if you come to visit Birmingham or have never been...this is a must go!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

If your looking for the absolute best of everything, this is your place. From the Valets to the desserts, your evening at Highlands will be spectacular. A word of caution though. You may never look at food in the same way after tasting their gastronomical delights.

1  Thank S R