“Very southern” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar B Q

Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar B Q
Ranked #38 of 936 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very southern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

All I need to say is good BBQ, Mac n cheese, and slow-cooked collard greens. This makes for the perfect southern meal on a Sunday afternoon. I like the brick and old-school look of the place too.

Visited July 2014

Huntsville, Alabama
“very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have been eating at Jim 'n Nick's since there was only one restaurant. they were in a strip mall next to a laundromat and I think a piggly wiggly. we have eaten at several different locations and never have we been disappointed. anything on their menu has been good and I have tried quite a lot of it. the cheese biscuits, when they are hot and fresh....great. the chocolate pie is nearly fudge like. the service has usually been very good. when the restaurant is busy, it has been slow at times. we always try to eat at one of their establishments when available.

• Visited June 2014
Bloomington
“Great Place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

The wait time was short for a table of 12
Food was out of this world
Staff was prefect
Food was pricey
Dessert was to die for

Visited July 2014
“Super Q!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Stop in every chance I get. Great Q, good service....ribs not so much. Try the onion rings for a real treat and share!

Birmingham, Alabama
“Authentic Southern BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Their service is usually pretty good, and I developed my favorite servers at each Jim-n-Nick's I have eaten. (I used to go to Jim-n-Nick's in both Alabama and Georgia on a regular basis, before my job changed and I rarely get to where there is one.) To those who have had problems with their service I'd say, you probably had an unusual experience ( . . . or you're the kind who looks for trouble). This place has solidly good BBQ and sauces. Their Brunswick is good. Their cheese biscuits are VERY good by themselves, BETTER with butter and AMAZING with their honey butter! (Must ask for the honeybutter--they normally only bring regular butter with these delicious and COMPLIMENTARY biscuits.) Although I am a purist lover of BBQ normally, I always did love their special of 3 BBQ tacos on Tuesdays--so much that on Tuesday I could never order anything else! One Chicken, one Pork and one Catfish, please!

• Visited December 2013