“Try the baby back ribs!”

Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar B Q
Ranked #37 of 964 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Husband had the spare ribs -- TOO BAD! They were tough. My baby back ribs were delicious and tender. Baked beans were okay, but tasted like Bush's beans out of the can. Iced tea was watery. Second time we dined there, I had the hickory grilled catfish -- DELICIOUS! Husband had a ribeye that was HUGE. He couldn't finish half of it. He said the loaded baked potato was excellent as well.

There are newer reviews for Jim ‘N Nick’s Bar B Q

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had to go to the bar for drinks due to unattentitive waiters, ask for water, ask for straws for our children, the waiter got half the order wrong, some of the food was cold, the prices are too high for quality/quantity, the whole dinner was a bad experience mainly due to an obviously untrained wait staff and lack of management attention. This was a teenager's birthday party which was not a good experience. So much can be overcome by good waiters, even poor quality food and high prices but this wasn't the case. We eat (or used to eat there often) but will find another place due to another bad experience at Jim and Nick's in Five Points. Birmingham finally has choices so poor quality food and/or poor service should not be tolerated any longer.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The prices were reasonable and the food was good. It was just a three minute walk from our hotel. They easily handle our large group of twenty people. It was not a long wait for the food. The beer was a bit pricy

Reviewed July 4, 2013

I am a bbq snob so perhaps my rating is a little too harsh. I got the pulled pork sandwich and thought it to be average, certainly not something that I was raving to friends about afterwards. This average rating applies to both portion size and tase. In fact, I had to go back online just to remember the name which I never forget to do with bbq joints. I will say that the fried green tomatoes that I got as an appetizer were awesome. A nice interior and located in a nice neighborhood to walk around in after your meal (Five Points). Next time though I think I will try dreamland bbq.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

OK, I'll admit it. I am a New Englander so I can't claim to be BBQ expert. So, I'm writing this review to thank the manager for his personal attention to one of my dining guests. He helped her carefully select her meal to avoid gluten. As for the meal, I had the pulled pork-brisket combo and loved every bite. The décor is attractive and the waiter first rate.