“southern food...”

Dining options: Breakfast
Los Angeles, California
“southern food...”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The food was decent. It didn't make me want to keep piling food in my mouth because I couldn't get enough of it. However, it did fill me up.

Visited June 2012

Birmingham, Alabama
“Food good, service minimal”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Ate there today. Ordered two scrambled eggs and told the server that my only request for the meal was that the eggs be scrambled soft. I told her that I could not eat an egg that was hard. She nodded and wrote it down. The eggs were rubberized when I took the first and only bite. I don't know if she told the cook or if she did, the cook ignored the request. Apparently she didn't check the eggs when they got to the window either. The next time I saw her was when she returned wih my check when I was 85% done with my meal. I asked her to take the eggs off my ticket. She neither offered to have two more eggs fixed the correct way, nor did she apologize. She came back with my check ten minutes later after only taking $1 off the ticket and I left. My disappointment was reflected in her tip.

• Visited December 2012
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
“Friendly service and good food”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very good service and good food. They give you plenty on the portions. The atmosphere was great and the prices were reasonable. Will go again if I'm in Birmingham again.

• Visited December 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“consistently good and friendly service”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Food here is somewhat generic, but it is always good and the service is friendly and good. Regularly attend this breakfast spot.

Visited August 2012
Birmingham, AL
“This is the "new Bogues".”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I miss the old landmark building but the staff is the same and breakfast is great. Lunch is steamtable. Go for breakfast.

Visited September 2012