“Horrible service and follow up with manager even worse”
Review of Formaggio's Italian Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Formaggio's Italian Bistro
Cuisines: French, Italian
Reviewed March 27, 2014

After a long day(my sister was having a baby) I took my kids to her house in Birmingham to order dinner for them before we traveled home to Prattville. It was anyway 10:30 and they were hungry so my sister suggested we call formagio's because they were good and pretty fast. I ordered from then online and the order was places at 10:38. When it passed midnight I so had not received my order so I called them. A guy said he was sorry, but someone was speed to call us and say they couldn't deliver to the address. I Told him bi one had called so just cancel or order. He assured me my card would not be charged. On the way home I speed and got snacks at a service station, a fast food order, a separate fast food order, gas etc. When u checked my bank statement formagio's didin fact charge my card resulting in my accumulating 5 non sufficient funds fees from my bank, because I didn't know they had charged that money. I called and spoke to the manager Justin who apologized and said they actually do deliver to the address. He agreed to return the original charges in 7-10 days, but refused to do anything about the $190 in charges I was out because of their mistakes and outright lies. I'm actually looking into whether I can do anything legally about this. I have never left a negative review for any business online. I am not a big complainer, but I do not want this to happen to someone else!

1  Thank myzooof6

Reviewed July 25, 2013

RE: FORMAGGIOS IN ALABASTER.........
I find it very disgusting that this restaurant uses young girls in short, shorts & bikini tops to do their advertising on 31. I drove by not long ago & saw this. It didn't look like any of them were 18 ! They also remove all bad reviews on their FB page, which I think is wrong. People have the right to know what kind of restaurant this is ! Shame on this business.
THEY WILL NEVER RECEIVE MY BUSINESS !!!!!!!

1  Thank Linda L
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went to the new location in Alabaster...we loved it... I had the spaghetti with meatballs.. Salad & bread comes with the dinner...Excellent. Prices are reasonable....they have nightly specials.... Thumbs up..... The atmosphere is great....

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went with a friend to try out this long standing restaurant in the Southside area. We sampled a slice of their supreme pizza, it was a decent size slice but the toppings seemed so bland.....not able to really distinguish the flavors and the crust was a bit burned. My friend ordered a loaded calzone, which she said was very good, hot and tasty! I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. I thought the sauce was very good.........mild, seasoned well..........the 2 meatballs were also good not great but good! They ran out of tea.......no restaurant should run out of tea during a dinner hour.............had to wait on that, not offered any water while we waited..........but.........overall.............we are glad we tried it but not a place we would put on our list to return to over and over again.

1  Thank C B
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Our hotel recommended this restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised. Very good chicken parmesan. The sauce is excellant. I would highly recommend this restaurant while traveling in Birmingham. And they deliver also, to hotels in downtown area.