“Crowded parking lot”

Lloyd's Restaurant
Ranked #160 of 1,001 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed June 4, 2015

When there's ALWAYS a crowded parking lot, you know there's good food inside!

My husband and I always look for crowded parking lots when we are traveling. Every time I passed this location, the parking lot had several vehicles in it, so we decided to go one evening.

I'd agree with a previous reviewer that the restaurant décor needs to be updated...but that shouldn't have anything to do with the quality of food.

I ordered the rib plate, and my husband ordered the sliced pork. We actually liked the *sides* better than the main course. I guess we are not used to the *tomato-y* sauce, so it wasn't our favorite. The sides were very good though!

There were several diners when we were there at around 5:00 and by the time we were leaving, several more were there. Several carry-out orders were being processed also.

Service was good, which is always a plus!

Reviewed May 10, 2015

The place could use a facelift but it is more like a southern diner on steroids. It is huge and it was crowded. My husband and I love Liver and Onions and I hate to cook it at home. This was perfect. I had lots of sauteed onions without gravy with a perfect baked potato. He had his with mashed potatoes and gravy. Both of us were pleased. Hey, they have chicken livers too. My younger brother had a hamburger steak with onion rings and french fries. He eats here often as he is a local, the best source for recommendations. Our salad was served family style. Melanie checked on us often and we enjoyed her banter. None of us had room for dessert. I hear that the cobblers are terriffic.

Reviewed May 2, 2015 via mobile

In town for the NASCAR Race & wanted a little BBQ for a quick meal & their sign read "77 years in business". Great...or so we thought. Decor desperately needs updating, but I can deal with it if the food's good. It was not. The BBQ was tasteless & bland, cole slaw was ok & candied yams just so-so. Can't believe they've been in business for so long. I'd find another BBQ joint if you want actual BBQ.

Reviewed April 8, 2015

Everything is wrong here. From the decor to the food, it was a horror-fest. What amazed me is how packed the restaurant was with people eating this food. But, people line up to see Tyler Perry movies as well... which is something else I do not understand.

2  Thank TheBogotano
Reviewed March 29, 2015

If you are looking for great southern food at a reasonable price, this is your place. We make a point of dining here any time we are in Birmingham. Not fancy...just great food!