“Wonderful, Fresh, HomeMade”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hoover
Description: In Italy the sweet life flows like wine through the daily living of the people, down boulevards and generations, passed shops and squares and from fountains that grant you wishes. Little by little our wishes are coming true, to share the sweet life with friends who appreciate the charm and the elegance of Italy. The ancient Romans said life is short, art is long; we believe La Dolce Vita is an art. This is our motto at La Dolce Vita! Good food and great wine equals great company. From the time you arrive the ambience will take you away, you will feel as if you are in Trattoria in Italy. From our family to yours bon appetite! Saluti!
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Best Italian in town! Always, always order something from the specials for lunch or dinner. You will NOT be disappointed!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We've been here in a large group and just us... long been known for the great food... great selections of grill and good italian..

Reviewed January 4, 2013

New Year's eve we were a party of seven at La Dolce Vita about 6:30, before the rush. Nice setting for a S/C restaurant, promptly seated, all things going well. Waiter, Brock, was attentive, courteous, friendly, looks like a good evening. And then we ordered.

Food was a bit slow getting to the table, but not a problem, more wine. Two of us ordered veal picata and one a veal marsala. The other four dishes were fine, up to the restaurants standard. On to the veal, the picata was unlike any I have ever seen before, served in a brown sauce with what looked like capers. Maybe a new experience until I tried to cut my dish. It looked more like old round steak than veal. It cut more like shoe leather than veal. It had no taste beyond the gravy so I can't compare the taste of the veal.

Checked with the other two veal orders, same brown sauce and same piece of unchewable rubber. We all ate a small portion of the mystery meat because we really hadn't eaten all day, but it got to a point where it wasn't worth the effort. Brock, the waiter was back and forth doing the water thing and we complained.

A couple sat down next to us and while Brock was serving them the lady asked what we had
ordered in the brown sauce. We touted her off the veal while Brock was there.

Bill came, full charge. I suggested to Brock that since the veal wasn't not edible an adjustment would be appropriate. "I'll check with my manager," good waiter that he is. They did deduct 40%, which I wasn't happy with, couldn't eat it so it should have been no charge. With a large party I decided not to make the scene.

Would I go back? No, not because I'm pouting about having to pay 60%, just because as a customer I have too many options and life is too short to take a risk on an already bad experience.

1  Thank Arthur P
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited Fri night. Appetizers in the bar... Garlic sticks a waste... Bland marinara. Excellent crab cakes and a nicely poured stiff cocktail though.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We have visited this restaurant for twenty years and it has been a favorite until tonight. The new menu omits long-time favorites, omits a dinner salad with entrees, omits the very tasty bruschetta and omits the wonderful garlic rolls. Instead you get sauces by Ragusa and stale bread. Menu prices did not make any drastic changes but portion size and quality have suffered. Unfortunately, service didn't make up for the disappointment in the food. The salad one guest ordered came without dressing and we asked three people for dressing before any was brought. When we expressed our disappointment with the food our waiter said he would get the manager, but no one ever came.

Leaving the restaurant I had the feeling I would have had if an old friend had died.

1  Thank Wray A