“Fun mexican food in a classy southern neighborhood”
Review of Rojo

Rojo
Ranked #44 of 947 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Fun mexican food in a classy southern neighborhood”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We went to this restaurant after reading that it is dog-friendly. Thank goodness for GPS, since we never would have found it without one. The atmosphere was great, and the food was quite good. There is a nice bar indoors, and sitting on the patio with our dog wasn't a problem. Although we read that parking can be problematic, we parked across the park, which shortened our walk. The fish tacos weren't the best I've ever had, but my son's quesadilla looked pretty great! And fresh margueritas were super.

• Visited July 2013

Cullman, Alabama
“Ecclectic”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Interesting place. Only tried it once and we liked the food well enough. You order at the counter and they bring it to you. Like a neighborhood hangout more than anything. We haven't been back just because there's no good parking and it's only a one hour lunch hour that we have. Definitely worth trying as the food was plentiful.

Visited February 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Wonderful food, great people”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Whether I visit Rojo for their great happy hour or for their great food, I never leave unsatisfied. The menu has plenty to choose from, although my favorites are the southwest quesadilla, mini nachos and fruit and cheese plate. This is a great spot to visit alone or with a group of friends.

Visited July 2013
Albufeira, Portugal
“Rojo----OK”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Was not expecting a seat yourself environment for this selection. Once we raced to grab a table from the other hipsters waiting to be seated in doors, the restaurant was ok. I found nothing great about it. The food was good, but not extraordinary. I don't believe we will be returning to this establishment.

• Visited April 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Popular place not sure why”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

For the 3rd or 4th time we visited Rojo this past weekend. As usual on a weekend night, it was crowded. After we were shunted off to the auxiliary location, I began to wonder why, and the only really good reason I could come up with is its location. The food is adequate, but I've had a lot better at other Mexican and American restaurants. The service is below par, nobody ever bothered to clean our table from the previous visitors. The prices and value or good for this type of place. We've gone there for a mid-afternoon lunch when the crowd was not around, and everything was a lot better.

• Visited April 2013