“Some of the best fish tacos in town! Festive, relaxed atmosphere”
Review of Rojo

Rojo
Ranked #46 of 942 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, AL
“Some of the best fish tacos in town! Festive, relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My husband and I just love going to Rojo! We typically get either the fish tacos or the pork burrito. We can't speak for the rest of the menu, but those 2 are consistently delicious and fabulous! We enjoy them so much we can't bring ourselves to venture out. ("if it aint broke don't fix it!"). The "sides" are also very tasty and compliment the entrees beautifully! The atmosphere is very festive and relaxed. It feels like a neighborhood hang out with everyone just chillin' out and enjoying the evening. You gotta love that!
We've tried the fish tacos at many restaurants in B'ham. These are some of THE BEST! (We think it's great to put the sides (slaw and black beans) onto the tacos. Your tongue will thank you! :)

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank melanie063

Richmond, Virginia
“OK, confusing for first timer...”
Reviewed April 5, 2010

A friend and I, both from out of town, checked this place out after a glowing reccommendation from someone we met the night before that is from B-ham. I must say my expectations were pretty high. That being said, there is no host / hostess so you seat yourself. The place was packed, but we found a table fairly quickly when someone was leaving. We sat on the patio and it was a great place to people watch and the neighborhood is beautiful as well. After sitting for a few minutes waiting for service, we figured out that you order at the counter inside...a patron at the table next to us clued us in. I ordered for both of us and it was a pretty easy process. It would have been hard to carry all the drinks, but a server assisted. I ordered a pasta dish that had chicken, cliantro, diced tomatoes, parmesan cheese or something. It was ok. It just wasn't what I thought it would be and was kind of bland. My friend had the fish tacos and he was not overly impressed either. I wil say that I liked my house salad. It was nothing special, but it was fresh and I liked the dressing. All in all, I was disappointed and would not be in a rush to come back. The price was pretty good. I think it was under 40 for 2 entrees, an appetizer, 2 glasses of wine, a house salad, and iced tea. Also, when I eat dinner out I prefer to be waited on instead of doing a lot of the work myself.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“wonderful people and food, dog friendly on the patio”
Reviewed August 22, 2008

wonderful people and food, dog friendly on the patio

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“limited food good people...”
Reviewed August 15, 2008

limited food good people watching

“Very yummy.”