“Excellent night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stone's Throw Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Stone's Throw Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fried chicken is arguably the most iconic Southern food-that, and bar-b-q. Whether served in a white tablecloth restaurant or eaten from a fast food bucket, fried chicken is nostalgic and decadent. Mr. Harry respects the chicken.
“Excellent night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have eaten here on a couple of occasions and each time have been pleased. Great food, service and atmosphere. It's a few miles of the hwy 280 corridor but well worth the effort in our opinion. Feature items change on a regular basis. It's not the cheapest ( or least expensive) place in BHM but we've always left pleased.

Birmingham, AL
“Quaint and Fit for an Epicure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I found this place interesting as it has delectable flavors to quench your palate, yet the setting is so comfortable it was like being at Ruth's Chris and Cracker Barrel at the same time. The menu is small but the food is fresh and delicious. They have a plethora of friendly wait staff to accommodate for every moment. We did have a bit of a hiccup with the waitress as she couldn't remember our order by omitting our appetizer and a side dish; however, she quickly rectified it with offering a complimentary dessert. Well....that was enough to keep me from complaining..the dessert was out of this world. My husband and I thought it would be a romantic place to go for a special occasion but unfortunately, it really wasn't. We had been to the previous restaurant in it's place called "Standard Bistro" which was romantic, gourmet and upscale. We would revisit Stone's Throw but as a casual, let's go grab something to eat visit. It could easily become an upscale restaurant; however, the wait staff would have to be trained properly to do so and besides...I don't think the owners and locals want it to be upscale. It certainly has it's own southern charm. I will appreciate it more the next time I go back. I will accept it as a very casual dining experience and will not go on a romantic journey there. They have a few other items on the menu that we would like to go back and try. The prices were reasonable as well. We are looking forward to our next visit. They had wonderful service which accounts a tremendous amount when dining.

• Visited February 2014
Birmingham, AL
“Best in Birmingham!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

My family love Stone's Throw. Chris and Leah, the owners. Are two of the nicest and most non-pretentious restaurant owners I have ever met. The food is farm to table, always fresh, always delicious! Joe, the head bartender is an amazing mixologist!!!! He is always creating new and delicious mixed drinks. The pork chip is always amazing, steaks are superb and the okra.....oh!!!!! The okra-Delicious!!!! Love the warm feeling of the place and have never been disappointed with any of our meals there!!!! For my money, it does not get better!!!!

• Visited January 2014
“Perfect in Every Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Stone's Throw is located about 5 miles from our home. We visit about once or twice a month. The restaurant has the rare combination of an upscale continental menu with relaxed ambience. On January 4, we held our wedding reception/meal at Stone's Throw. They have a lovely private room that comfortable seats about 20 to 25 diners. The owners were very accommodating allowing us to have our cakes delivered from an outside vendor, my sister-in-law was afforded pre-opening access to decorate, we were allowed to use both the lunch and dinner menus, we brought our own wines with only a nominal corkage fee, and we were never rushed even though we stayed past their closing time. As always we had impeccable service and amazing food. A perfect location for our intimate celebration.

Visited January 2014
“Would go back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

Had a large group and went on a little late. Staff was friendly and food was good. Never felt rushed. Had several people tell me how "great" it was. Had everything from steak to seafood in our group.