“It's all about the atmosphere.”
Review of Giuseppe's Cafe

Giuseppe's Cafe
Ranked #41 of 959 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pell City, Alabama
“It's all about the atmosphere.”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I've been a little "Rome-sick", so we decided to try this place for some authentic Italian food. (I am 3 months pregnant and have been craving it!) I have been searching for some Roman-style pizza. This was not it. It was not bad, but it wasn't the best pizza I've had, either. Although I was not blown away by the food, I did love the atmosphere. I plan to go back when it's warmer to sit outside, have a beer (after baby), and try some pasta. I saw several pasta dishes leave the kitchen after I had ordered, and they all looked fantastic. The prices are great, too. Our check included two beers, one soda, cheese bread, and a large pizza for $30. Service was great, too. I will definitely return.

• Visited February 2012

• Korean first
Alabama
“Great Local Pizza Place with Friendly Staff”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

One of Birmingham's hidden gems. Great Pizza, Pasta and nice lunch salads. Splurge and try the Feta dip. They have a decent selection of beer, pretty limited wine, but one of each. Lunch specials are reasonable, salads large, plate size Calzone,or try the meatball sub. Looks like a student place but, mostly middle age adults, particularly on Friday nights.

• Visited November 2011
Birmingham, Alabama
“cozy atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed August 20, 2010

This place is truly a gem! It's tucked away near UAB. The place is super cozy and has a great staff. The food is traditional italian and really wonderful! The pasta dishes are amazing...along with their pizza and salads!

Hoover, Alabama
“What a gem”
Reviewed June 24, 2009

This place is a true find in a time that it's hard to find an out-of-the-way place anymore. I love this restaurant. The food is incredible! The locale is shabby and bohemian, as is the staff (and I mean that in the nicest posible way) Everything I've ever had there has been delicious! The lasagna is my favorite, but the baked ziti is good too. The pizzas look delicious, one day I'm going to order one, if I can ever get past the lasagna.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Our favorite little cafe...”
Reviewed January 26, 2009

My husband and I found this little place after our honeymoon in Italy three years ago and LOVE it! The staff is so down-to-earth and friendly. The music is always fun. The pizza and pasta is excellent!
Just a fun place to enjoy some tasty Italian...and its LOCAL, which we love!

~Giuseppe'sFans