Tripadvisor
Birmingham

“First visit and probably last visit ”

Niki's West Steak & Seafood
Ranked #30 of 994 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

First visit after many years of hearing - “I can’t believe you’ve never been to Nikki’s”! I went with coworkers for lunch and was not at all impressed. Basic cafeteria food- nothing special. There was a hair in the breading of my fried green tomatoes.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (328)

Reviewed December 27, 2019 via mobile

I can't believe that all these years that I have lived in this state and drove past Niki's that I have never eaten here. I have missed out for all this time. A great dining experience. The food is great and so much to choose from. I got a meat and 3 vegetables. Food was hot and fresh and I had a difficult time picking. Service was awesome. I will be back and highly recommend that if you are close to Finley Ave that you stop in to eat and be prepared for plenty of food.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 11, 2019

We had seen alot of remarks about how good the food.was at Nikkis West.
We arrived for lunch and the parking lot was packed!
There wasn't much of a line so we were quickly pushed down the line
Our order of Beef tip and gravy over rice was too salty and meat was tough. Fried Shrimp was less than good, fried green tomatoes were hard. Barely warm and not very good. Cornbread was a surprisingly Sweet! Uhh!#notforme! Coconut custard pie was mushy and Lacking taste. Pecan pie looked great but I was told the frozen pie we buy was better. ; (
The wait staff was extremely busy but kind.
$30. Plus. .I think I'll pass next time as it doesn't live upto the hype.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

Easy access from I 65. Lots of parking that felt very safe. Cafeteria style dining with so many choices! Everything we had was absolutely delicious! It’s a well run operation with so many people contributing—buffet servers, cashiers, seaters, waitresses, etc. A Birmingham landmark—choose this one and you won’t be disappointed. Best fried green tomatoes I’ve ever eaten!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Always fabulous!! My husband and I got the combo platter, with a little bit if everything, so good! Best seafood in Alabama!!! Plus, they have a buffet!!!!!

Date of visit: October 2018