“A wonderful birthday for the wife.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shula's Steak House

Shula's Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Shula's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 937 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 31
Description: Shula’s Steak House is the classic American steakhouse: a fine dining white tablecloth restaurant. In order to be the best steak house, Don Shula followed the same principles that made him the winningest coach in football history - select the best talent available and give them the resources they need to succeed. In the restaurant business, that meant serving Premium Black Angus Beef® steaks, the best beef money can buy and providing our restaurant team with the best training. In terms of our restaurant team, he ran it like a sports team. In sports, one's performance is based on results - either you win or lose. The same is true for our restaurant team. Our managers are called Head Coaches and they have the authority to manage the team as they see fit to ensure repeated winning seasons. Our custom center cuts of Premium Black Angus Beef® steaks accompanied with our aging process make up our award winning SHULA CUT ® , the best beef money can buy. Our custom cuts and aging process are the highest in the industry. You won't find a better steak anywhere. Our restaurant is themed after the 1972 Miami Dolphins' "Perfect Season" - the only team in NFL history to finish a season undefeated. The menus are hand painted on an official NFL game football. At Shula's Steak Houses, one of the featured entrees is the 48-Ounce Porterhouse. Those who finish it join Shula's 48-Ounce Club, which currently has more than 26,000 members. I invite you to experience Shula's Steak House, where we only offer the biggest and the best. Shula’s Steak House Birmingham is a proud recipient of Wine Spectator’s 2011 Award of Excellence. With over 150 wines in our collection and a knowledgeable staff, we can help you select the perfect pairing to compliment your meal.
“A wonderful birthday for the wife.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

For my wife's birthday I took her to Shula's. She had never been and I wanted her birthday to be special. Our waiter, Lionel, was funny and friendly and took care of our every need. Our food was absolutely delicious. The cowboy ribeye was delicious. I highly recommend the tomato and mozzarella chop salad. The grilled asparagus was quite good too. It's a pricey place but well worth it for the food and experience. Do yourself a favor and go.

Calera, Alabama
“Excellent service and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch at the bar. I had a Cobb salad which was wonderful! My husband had a cheese burger which was wonderful too. The Bloody Mary at Shula's is very good. They use celery bitters that just adds a special something to the drink. Ask for the celery bitters because we did find out that not all the bar tenders use it.

Visited June 2014
Great Midwest
“The worst experience ever! Avoid at all cost”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

A friend and I dined here on June 4, 2014 and the service was a complete disaster. This was the worst service I ever experienced in a fine dining restaurant in my life and it was very obvious there was a lack of serving staff and management. We were greeted by our server Dallas who took our drink order. It was 15 minutes from the time we placed our drink order until we received our drinks. Then another 10 minutes after that until we received a bread basket. Finally after 25 minutes I found another server and who took our order. After he took our order we never saw him again?? After he took our order it took 25 more minutes to receive our french onion soup and 10 minutes after that we received our tomato mozzerella salad. After we were done with our salad we started the timer on my IPhone and for the next hour and 15 minutes not 1 server, bus boy, or manager ever came to our table to give us an update on our order let alone check on us to see if we needed anything??? I mean this experience was a complete joke and its very obvious this place is not being run right. Finally I placed $20.00 down on the table and just left. The soup and salad was good but the service completely killed the meal and I will never return here and can't recommend.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank caymankid
Calgary
“Service was splendid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

The darling bartender was exceptionally helpful not just with the food and drinks but with driving directions.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank snowbirdwannabe_11
Long Island, New York
“Formal Dining at its Best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I brought my client here for a nice dinner after a day of air travel. This restaurant is located in the lobby of the Hyatt Hotel was decorated nicely, but I was a bit surprised about the dimly lit room. We had a trio of great servers, led by Lionel. We started with a wedge salad and creamed spinach and enjoyed a nice filet (after receiving a personal review of the steak cuts) and crab cakes for our entrees. The whole time we dined the wait staff was very attentive and checked with us several times to make sure that we were pleased with our selections and service, which we were. We finished our dinner with a freshly prepared apple cobbler and vanilla ice cream. We enjoyed our dining experience at Shula's and would certainly return.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 2BMagellan

Been to Shula's Steak House? Share your experiences!