“As always consistent and Mo is great”
Review of Pita Stop

Pita Stop
Ranked #52 of 985 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014

As always great grilled seafood. Heart healthy food that tastes great. Best grape leaves in town. Always consistently good, they never seem to have a bad day.

1  Thank ben-jam-in-done-that

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Sooo disappointed with Taziki sauce. Tasted like four cream. No cucumbers, no flavor . I make better and I'm not Greek or mid eastern !

1  Thank Gbpeachmom
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Fresh Fish of the day, perfectly grilled with healthy salad and rice. You can order any of their nighttime dishes at lunch and they always are quick and friendly. Mo is great, always our favorite server. The food is consistent. Atmosphere is pretty much just storefront restaurant so don't go expecting romance, just good food and good service. If going to Alyce Stephens this is a great choice.

1  Thank ben-jam-in-done-that
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My sister and I went to the Pita Stop at the Cahaba Heights location. This was our second time dining at this establishment for which the first time we did not have any issues. This time the waitress took our drink order, as typical. When she concluded taking our meal orders she went on to ask how we'd be paying for our check whether together or separate. We didn't think too much about it although most waiters and waitresses do not ask immediately following the time they take your meal order. After she left our table she returned about 5 or so minutes later and placed the ticket on our table. We had not yet even received our food! No one else in the outside dining area had their check sitting on their table before they started eating their food. She had other tables in the outside dining area and that table did not have the ticket placed on the table. After we ate our meal I went to ask the hostess when do customers typically receive their tickets and she stated after the meal. The waitress approached and said she didn't want to get too busy to bring the ticket back. It's unfortunate that we were treated in such a way that was extremely rude and degrading. We were the only African American patrons at the restaurant at that time and I do not know if she was instructed to treat us differently or if it was on her own accord. The food was excellent which is why I was excited to eat there again when I visited Birmingham. Never before have I ever been treated in such a degrading fashion as this.

1  Thank Brittney W
Reviewed February 22, 2014

If you are looking for great service, great food, descent ambiance then this is the place for you. I'm not sure why I try other Greek food places such as horrible DoDiYos when I've always had fabulous food here! My husband frequents this place for lunch and says the fish special and omelets are wonderful. I personally love their lamb and always have some to take home for the next day. Oh and the prices are very reasonable I think my lamb chops were under $20, I'd say that's pretty fantastic for lamb.

1  Thank FoodieNan

Been to Pita Stop? Share your experiences!