“great food, lousy management/ customer service”
Review of Pita Stop

Pita Stop
Ranked #59 of 959 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Granbury, Texas
“great food, lousy management/ customer service”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Had dinner at the Cahaba Heights location tonight with a friend. Decided to try the specials and asked the waitress the cost of the rack of lamb. She stated it was $23.99 and I decided to order it. Food was great. Only issue I have is when I received the bill, the charge was $29.99. I had to question the waitress about the difference and she said she must have quoted me the price for the filet. I basically got a weak apology and that was it. When she came back with my statement to sign she said she had asked the manager and they said no, the price stood as is. What really torques me about is that no manager came to the table to apologize. Really left me with a sour taste as out how this restaurant is run. There was no one there at the exit to provide any feedback to also. Will think twice before going back just on principles.

• Visited February 2013

Columbus, Georgia
“Excellent food!!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food here is great!!! Rack of lamb outstanding. I cook this at home on the Big Green Egg and it is just as good here as mine at home. No brag, just fact. We also had the lamb kibbeh-incredible! This is a simple place with very little atmosphere, so no romantic dinners here. But, the food is excellent! Server was nice. We will go back when we are in B'ham.

Visited February 2013
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“The Pita Stop restaurants have a well deserved great reputation, which it deserves”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I I love the food, food preparation and good service always experienced at the 2 Pita Stop Restaurants. I am never disappointed in the variety, the taste of the foods and the reasonable prices.

Visited September 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“Time for a change”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Pita Stop, Cahaba Heights location, needs a menu change and attention in the kitchen. We ate there recently and the chicken pita tasted like rubber as it was obviously pre-cooked. They could add some more variety to the menu and improve the quality of what's available as well. For a start, how about fresh french fries? My wife's omelet was extremely greasy.

• Visited December 2012
Alabama
“Great food; great value!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

We have eaten at both locations, but most recently at the Cahaba Heights location for dinner. The service was prompt and very friendly, and the food was delicious. I had the chicken kabob dinner, which is served with rice, fresh fruit, and pita and hummus. Portions are generous, and their hummus is wonderful! My children both ordered off the kids' menu and had plenty to eat. We will certainly be back!

1 Thank DSJmom