“Just About - Nope, Finished With This Place”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Chili's Grill & Bar - CLOSED

Chili's Grill & Bar
Cuisines: Bar, Mexican, American, Southwestern, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
“Just About - Nope, Finished With This Place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Restaurant Basics are missing at this restaurant.

Unacceptable experience from a restaurant chain that has been much, much better at this location.

The waiter was very slow and seemed unaware of his responsibilities. Another employee noticed that 15 minutes had passed since we were seated and no one had taken our order for drinks or even brought us water.

It was not overly busy. The ordered was placed with our waiter >10 mins later. It took another 25-30 mins before we received our food order. Not one time while waiting for our food did our waiter ask or bring drink or chip refills. We had to flag someone down. I would have helped myself if I knew where to find the drinks and chips.

At the time of payment, Chilis wants you to use the table kiosks. I asked for a paper copy and now the disappearing waiter tried to patronize me into using the kiosk. I made it it clear that I wanted a paper receipt. And when I received a paper receipt the ticket was over charging me.

Again, the basics of service are missing at this Chili's location. It use to be a known quantity-now it is and it isn't good. Our family will not be back. It is not worth it.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Going downhill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We have been coming here for years and went after church last week,and we were disappointed. The food was not as good as we remembered, the ribs were cold, the chicken was dry, and the service was indifferent. My kids desserts took forever to come and it took too long to pay my bill. The bar was loud...it is too close to the eating area and men were watching the basketball tournament and cursing. The wait staff didn't seem to care about my complaint about this and we won't come back with the kids for sure and it will be a while before we come back period.

• Visited March 2014
Birmingham, Alabama
“Absolutely horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went in on a Sunday evening to catch the end of a baseball game on ESPN. It was almost five minutes before the bartender came back to the bar. I ordered a beer and an appetizer. Twenty minutes later, she came back, didn't ask if I wanted to order dinner, and brought me another beer - which I didn't order.

Fifteen minutes later, she re-appeared. I was so disgusted at this point, I asked for the check. Sure enough, she charged me for both beers. I paid the tab then walked around the corner to ask for a manager.

Five minutes later, no manager had come out. This place is absolutely awful.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank ReidAdair
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a little disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

The table was sticky when we sat down, and we had to ask our server twice to wipe it clean. We ordered 2 appetizers and was served only one. One of our drinks looked like someone had taken a big gulp out of it. The food was good, but with the other issues we were wishing we hadn't gone there.

Visited July 2013
Cordova, Tennessee
“Good food but service lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in around lunch time to an almost empty parking lot. As we entered we were greeted and seated right away. My daughter and I ordered and then waited. With a near empty restaurant I thought our food would be out promptly. When we did get the food could tell that it had been microwaved especially my grandsons Mac n cheese as the bowl was extremely hot but the food lukewarm. Then after we got our food the server just poofed, lucky we didn't want refills on our drinks.

• Visited May 2013