“Nice find in Birmingham at Five Points”
Review of Chez FON FON

Chez FON FON
Ranked #2 of 997 Restaurants in Birmingham
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2016 via mobile

Moules et frites were delicious! Nice sauce and a wonderful meal. Small cozy restaurant with typical French fare and wine. Wish I had been there with a larger group to sample more wines!

Reviewed November 27, 2016

In high school, my friends and I realized that going to lunch at Chez Fon Fon could actually be cheaper than going to a chain restaurant. It consistently has delicious, locally sourced food cooked to perfection. The hamburger with the fries fried in duck fat is the best thing I've ever eaten. On a nice day, the back porch is lovely. There is sometimes a wait and it can get loud on busy days, but there's plenty of space by the bar to grab a drink and wait for a table.

2  Thank Olivia B
Reviewed November 24, 2016

After a short wait at the bar my husband and I were seated. We began with the crab tartini that was delicious. It was suggested by friends that had been there that the cheeseburger is a must try. It was very good and the shoestring French fries were cooked to perfection. I wanted to try the famous coconut cake, but had to get it to go because I was so stuffed. I'm glad I did! It was the best! I'm not a big burger eater, so I have a little "order regret". The special fish of the day sounded great, so I will have to go back and try it. The only negatives were that this is a very small restaurant and the tables are very close together. I felt like I was sitting with strangers. Luckily, I already knew what I wanted to order because the lighting was very low and the print on the menu was hard to read without the help of my phone flashlight. I do plan to return.

Reviewed November 23, 2016

My lunch was one to remember! We dined on escargot, cassoulet and enjoyed a caramel nut tart and an award winning coconut cake.

Reviewed November 15, 2016

This is a little French cafe owned and run by the fabulous chef, Frank Stitt. It is known for fresh local food, cooked with great care. Their crab cakes are served on Thursday lunch--really delicious. Shrimp and avocado salad is really good too.