“Fon Fon is Fine Fine”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Fon Fon is Fine Fine”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Seven of us each ordered a different lunch entrée, including a burger, fish, tartare, mussels, and each was excellent. The pate is superb and the perfect appetizer. Service was excellent. A baguette in the middle of the table was the only thing missing from making it a truly French meal.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank LASS4

Monterrey, Mexico
“A French Restaurant with a Southern Touch”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We, a group of friends that went to Birmingham for business, decided to try something different than the usual BBQ places and decided to try Chez Fon Fon, we went first time on a Tuesday without a reservation, the place was full but they could in a few minutes find a place for us.

I ordered the Charcuterie platter to share, it was delicious, later I had the Duck breast with farro, a little corn and fig, the mixture of flavours and textures creted with the salty and sweets ingredients made this plate one of the best I've had, the duck was perfectly cooked as well a dish to remember in few words.

The place and the experience liked us so much that we came back in the same week, this time I tried the Lamb shank, and it was a big hit too. The prices are a little high, but it is worthy, the ambient is very elegant and comfortable, the only negative I can find is that is a little noisy, but other than that it is excellent, this surely a place where I will visit if I go back to Birmingham.

2 Thank Pedro M
Birmingham, Alabama
“A touch of Europe on Birmingham AL”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We've eaten at Chez Fon Fon numerous times; from the mismatched tables and chairs, to the marble floors, poor acrostics, to the fine food, and excellent service Chez Fon Fon is a piece of France in the deep south. Food quality and presentation is representative of a five star restaurant. Chez Fon Fon is just another one of Birmingham's examples of 5 Star dining.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kerry G
Sun City Center, Florida
“Southern French”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Our table was in the courtyard. Fans, a fountain and lots of greenery made the Birmingham midday heat tolerable. Service was excellent.....very attentive. Entrees were very good but not quite as good as I expected for the price. Everything Frank Stitt has a hand in is invariably good. This was no exception

2 Thank Manya O
Alabama
“One of the best meals in Birmingham...”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I visited Chez FON FON today for the very first time for lunch. I had wanted to eat there for a long time because
I had always heard good, positive comments about it. I was not disappointed. The food was delicious! I had the Friday special(shrimp) , a margarita, and the lemon curd dessert. Our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. Nice background music--correct temperature in the dining area, clean restrooms---everything that one would want to have a pleasant dining experience. I will definitely be returning!

2 Thank crimsonAlabama