“better than the normal chain Italian”
Review of BRIO Tuscan Grille

BRIO Tuscan Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 942 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: When it comes to Italian food BRIO Tuscan Grille, Brookwood Grille restaurant is your best choice for the Tuscany grille and pasta menu. Bringing the pleasures of the Tuscan country villa to Birmingham, our chef-inspired Italian recipes are sure to delight your palate. We are waiting for you on Lakeshore Pkwy in Brookwood Village Mall. Valet parking is available at the restaurant entrance. Join us at BRIO Tuscan Grille, the best Italian restaurant near you!
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“better than the normal chain Italian”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The food and selection are good, but the quantities are large. The appetizers are good but the main courses are better.

• Visited November 2013

“Solo Travelers Beware! You may be treated like a Non-Entity!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a cautionary tale of two consecutive nights where I succeeded and then failed to get a meal at Brio's. Yesterday, I arrived with two colleagues from work and we were quickly seated. Our waiter was somewhat late in arriving but adequate. The meals were very good. Based on this experience, I would have rated the restaurant as above-average quality of food, and average service.
The next day I arrived alone and attempted to get a meal at Brio's. I was directed to the bar area where I was told, it was "first come, first served". I sat at a counter opposite the bar, and waited for service. I checked the latest news on my smart-phone... and waited for service. I checked my emails, and waited for service... I looked around me, and noticed that no one was in the area who appeared to be wait staff. And waited for service. Now, I was beginning to get perturbed. The restaurant was not that busy, I could see waiters hanging around, and yet, no one approached me to ask me what I wanted to eat or drink. After about 10 minutes, I simply walked out, proclaiming as I left the restaurant: "There's no service over there!" No one came running out to apologize. No one cared that I had walked out of the restaurant. I guess the lesson is: Parties over one are welcome there. Solo parties? You'd be advised to go somewhere that gives an {expletive deleted} about you.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank SuomalainenPoika
Maryland
“Great Meal!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Enjoyed a delicious lunch from a menu that included both low calorie and gluten-free options. I ordered the blackened tilapia and my companions ordered soups and salads. Everyone was pleased with both portion sizes and quality. Will definitely eat here again when I am back in town.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank MegtheHealer
Antioch, Illinois
“Good choice”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting friends and they took us here for lunch. A good selection based on service, cleanliness, and quality of food. We had shrimp, crab cakes, and salads which were all very good...the lasagna was average and the panini chicken sandwich was so spicy hot it was hard to eat. Fairly expensive lunch overall also.

Visited October 2013
Atlanta USA
“loved it”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

vibrant, clean, fun, fresh and trendy - I do not care who you are, or what you are used to, you are going to really enjoy this restaurant. The salmon and asparagus was great,

Visited September 2013