“Good italian meal”
Review of BRIO Tuscan Grille

BRIO Tuscan Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 947 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: When it comes to Italian food BRIO Tuscan Grille, Brookwood Grille restaurant is your best choice for the Tuscany grille and pasta menu. Bringing the pleasures of the Tuscan country villa to Birmingham, our chef-inspired Italian recipes are sure to delight your palate. We are waiting for you on Lakeshore Pkwy in Brookwood Village Mall. Valet parking is available at the restaurant entrance. Join us at BRIO Tuscan Grille, the best Italian restaurant near you!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good italian meal”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Dined here for business while in Birmingham. Because our party was large, it took longer for to be seated than usual and we had to split up. However, the food was excellent and the ambiance is great. I had the mushroom ravioli and it was delicious, especially the butter sauce. I would definately eat here again.

• Visited January 2013

Sylacauga, Alabama
“One of My Favorites”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Love eating in this upscale but affordable italian gem! Joined 3 girl friends for dinner one evening and ending up returning the next day for lunch! Love the steak salad. Everything is good though. Service was wonderful too. Will definitely return!

• Visited December 2012
New York
“Great Atmosphere with Good Food and Service!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This delightful restaurant is bright and airy with a lively atmosphere and excellent service. A business associate and I met here for lunch, and we both were extremely pleased with the food and the service. Highly recommend the salads!

Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
“A reliable favourite for fans of Italian”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

January 1, 2013 was our fourth dinner at Brio Tuscan Grille in Birmingham. We drive to Florida from Canada every winter and stop overnight in Birmingham mainly so we can enjoy a great meal. The room is superb - TALL ceilings, columns, art, pleasant tables no matter where you are seated.

The menu has excellent choices in starters and mains. Being an Italian resto, they have not only meat, chicken and fish, but also a long list of pastas, and pizzas. We both ordered the Italian green salad, which was excellent, with a light, but pleasant vinaigrette. My wife had chicken Limone (Lemon chicken) as a main. Lightly breaded grilled chicken, with a light, brisk lemon sauce, served with spaghettini and nicely done grilled vegetables. I was permitted to sample it and will say it was delicious. I went for the lasagna and was not disappointed. A substantial serving - lasagna noodles surrounding italian ground beef/pork and served with a rich cheese sauce, topped with house made tomato sauce. Our server mentioned that the lady who preps the sauce and fillings for the lasagna has been at that restaurant for 11 years.

Our server, Jason, was helpful, friendly and prompt. About all you can ask for.

We look forward to our next visit, January 2014.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank antiqueshowscanada
Birmingham, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was good. Service reminded me of Shoneys”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was our 9th wedding anniversary and we decided to go Brio's. We were greeted warmly at the door and seated promptly. That was the end of our positive experience. Have you ever felt like you were bothering someone. That is the impression we both had by coming in to eat. Our server was to busy to discuss or point out the daily specials. I felt rushed in ordering drinks, appetizer, and entrees. The bartender was very busy also as I had to remix my cocktail when it arrived. The appetizer was quite tasty. However, when our entrees arrived mine was fine, my wifes lasagna was room temperature. After looking for 3-4 minutes we found our server she returned the dish to the kitchen. Two minutes later she brought the dish back to the table all hot and steamy. Microwaves are a miracle. Our server never uttered the word "sorry" during this entire event. That would have gone a long way in 'fixing' the situation. Shoot having a manager stop by the table and check on her entree would have been nice and expected. At the end of our meal our server ask my wife if she would like a to-go box. Only there wasn't anything left on her plate. She then enquired if "We wanted anything else?" We did have the opportunity to see the dessert tray on the way out of the resturant. It looked really good.

We as the public tend to have certin expectations of service based on the type and level of resturant we are visiting. After writing this I really think I got better sevice at Shoneys last time I was there.

• Visited December 2012