“Yummo!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I am ashamed to admit I lived in Bham for over 3 years before I made it down to 5 pts for Bfast.
We got there fairly early and only had to wait a few minutes. Our server was kind of spastic and the coffee was nothing special. But the food was amazing. Huge portions and awesome pancakes! Go there now!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We visited the restaurant around 10:30 on a Saturday morning. There was a 45min wait and for good reason. I had the Dutch Boy for breakfast. It takes a little longer to cook, but it was amazing! Like nothing I have ever had. The service was friendly and she kept my husbands coffee full, so he was happy too. I would definitely love to eat here again.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Original Pancake House in Birmingham has a large menu to choose from for breakfast including several pancake options, crepes, omelets, waffles and eggs. The will always be a wait for a table on weekends but the turnover is pretty fast so the wait isn't too long. The service is prompt and friendly. I haven't tried their specialty which is called a Dutch Baby so I can't speak to that. However, most of the other selections I have tried including pancakes and omelets are above average to pretty good. The average ticket price per person is about $10.00 on average. Overall The Original Pancake House is a good choice for breakfast with friends or family but don't expect life altering fare.

1  Thank Donald K
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is located on the main street downtown and is often extremely busy. At times, there are waiting lines. Food is good and plentiful. Most people can not finish the standard portion sizes but take home boxes are available. Prices are a bit high but no doubt because of the larger portion size. The main thing I didn't like about the place is it is fairly small with just wooden tables and chairs set too close together. I felt their omelets were their best dish.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Good place for huge menu and decent food. The buckwheat pancakes were very nice. The egg dishes look substantial. Good coffee. Good service with a smile. Very crowded. Good prices.