“Consistently spectacular”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Caldwell, Idaho
“Consistently spectacular”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We have been faithful customers for four years now and Pho Que Huong consistently delivers delicious fresh and affordable Vietnamese food.

I order the vermicelli noodle bowl, which comes lukewarm and is both a light and filling meal. Vermicelli noodles are served on a bed of chopped lettuce, topped with your choice of meats, tofu or chopped spring roll. A bowl of a fish sauce mixture is served with this which I pour entirely into the bowl, and I usually love stirring in a tsp of garlic chili sauce to heat things up. It is unbelievably delicious.

We have also ordered the crispy noodle dish, which is a huge plate of crispy noodles, ladled with a thick yummy brown sauce and steamed veggies. The sauce softens the noodles as you eat them and the textures are wonderful.

My husband always orders a version of pho--the soup--and loves it every time.

I do have to admit, though, that the summer rolls leave much to be desired. They are unseasoned and bland compared to the flavorful summer rolls at the only competition--Saigon Noodle House (that we know of!! Please correct me if we're missing out on another delish legit Vietnamese place!!).

Otherwise, we love this place and love the staff. We have brought our small children many times and it is spacious, uncrowded and very layed back. No changing table, which is a bit of a hassle, but very children-friendly otherwise.

• Visited August 2014

“Best Vietnamese in Birmingham!”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Way better than the other Vietnamese place in town. Food better, portions larger, and prices cheaper.
Glad we found this wonderful little dinner spot!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Better Pho other places”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We went to dinner Friday evening. The restaurant was not busy although the restaurant did fill up after we arrived. The wait staff was friendly and Attentive but not Vietnamese (Chinese).

I ordered Pho with chicken. The broth was lack luster at best and there was very little chicken. I was very disappointed in the quality of the food. My friend had vermicelli dish with tofu. The tofu was hard and there was little sauce for his dish.

The place was dirty. The bathrooms needed a complete scrubbing and the floor in the restaurant was dirty.

I will not eat there again.

Visited October 2013
Thomasville, Alabama
“Great”
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Vegetable and noodle bowl was wonderful. Fresh veggies and good flavor. Nice quiet atmosphere. Service was good too.

Erbendorf, Germany
“Great food, Excellent Service”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I try to time trips through Birmingham around Pho Que Huong. It has great food. One feature that I like compared to other Vietnamese restaurants is that the servers speak very clearly and make really good recommendations base on what other things you like. I tried the crunchy noodle dish the other day when I was there. I've never seen it on a Vietnamese menu before but it was really good. I'd try that if you're looking for something a little out there but you're not much for some of the more colorful menu items. Oh, I always get the Vietnamese coffee when I go. It's a little pricey for a drink but very good and good presentation. I hope you enjoy it!

• Visited September 2011