“Old Haunt”

Add it.
John's Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I've had many meals at John's over the years. Sometimes the meals were quite good, sometimes not so much. I quit going because I was the only one in the family that liked the place.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Staying at the Tutwieler hotel made this an easy stop since it was only a few blocks away. Once there they were really pushing the Chicken and Waffles plate and although that combination didnt particularly appeal to me I had heard about it and even seen a new restaurant in my home town that served it so I thought I would give it a try. They describe it as a Cheddar cheese waffle, deep fried chicken, balsamic spiked maple syrup. I guess they frie the chicken in this balasmic spiked maple syrup as it came out almost black. I have a hard time describing the taste as it was so unusual but I guess a burnt bitter maple syurp is close. It was not good. The I thought I would just peel the skin and eat the chicken inside but this marinade had even soaked into the meat and left it a darker color. I dont know if this is traditional chicken and waffles but if it is, it wil be my last try. And if that wasnt bad enough this dish with a drink ended up costing me in excess of $20!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Love Johns when craving a big sandwich or something hearty. Two locations but the downtown location is a fun tradition for bringing an out of towner.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Highly recommended on my business trip. Tried to have dinner there on Tuesday night. Had to park across the street and a half a block away. Walked in the rain and went inside. No one inside at 6:30, no customers, no bartender, nobody. Due to the recommendations I waited a few minutes, said hello and then left. Again, due to the recommendations I tried again the next night. There was a parking space in front and I looked in. No one, so I left. I don't get it. And, my business partners said that's strange, it is a great place for dinner. Just really weird.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

food to salty service slow wife and I felt the same way. won't go back