“A local favorite”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Birmingham, Alabama
“A local favorite”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

A favorite local restaurant for a casual meal. We enjoy taking guests to Fish Market. The food is consistently good and the price is very reasonable. Its a little noisy and the setting is very casual, but we like it. My favorite dish is the Jambalaya. On our last visit we had guests from Ireland and the owner, George, came out and visited with our group for about 20 minutes. An excellent treat!

• Visited June 2014

Fayetteville, GA- outside of Atlanta
“My husband raved!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were looking for something close to our hotel (Residence Inn UAB) and this fit the bill. We didn't realize until we got there there was a mix of casual/nice to the place. I didn't notice any other children, but we brought our 6yo daughter with us. It was fine.

My husband raved about his meal. He absolutely loved the fish he got along with the collards and broccoli. He said "of course they're good; they are southern styled [meaning butter!!!]" His portions were plentiful, and he couldn't finish all the veggies.

My meal was less flavorful. I got the shrimp pasta in a white wine butter sauce. The pasta tasted quite bland. As if they forgot to salt the water. The shrimp themselves were tasty, but the pasta didn't mix as well with it- so it tasted overall pretty bland.

The chocolate pie was pretty tasty. I'm not a fan of meringue usually; they did theirs well!

I would still go back, there were many things to try on the menu; and it was close & pleasant.

• Visited August 2014
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Good choice!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

The place will give you a great taste of the coast. If you want to have good seafood, this is the place. The logistics of the place are weird though.

Powell, Ohio
“Nice find!”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Very good fresh seafood; although gulf oysters are flavorless. Chowder, and main courses (cioppino and sampler) were delicious. Large portions, too. Lots of sides to choose from, but fried okra was all breading no okra, collards were just OK. Very reasonable prices with a large and varied menu and a Gulf flare. Service was friendly and helpful. Had a 3-man Dixieland band playing, which was quaint, if not talented. Lots of indoor and outdoor seating. Seated quickly. Parking is tight. I would go back.

1 Thank Joe C
“Horrible and very rude staff!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to this place for over 20 yrs. until I today July 26, 2014. After leaving Joe's Crabshack across town, from a wonderful meal for myself and which was much closer to my house, to place a to go order for my son which consisted of Grilled Salmon, fried okra and french fries. Never would I imagine the nightmare that lied ahead for me. I called and placed my order at 8:07 P.M. which I had to repeat my name twice to incompetent female on the phone that my name was Hillary with two l's. When I asked for my total, I was placed on hold and a male caller came on the line and gave me an approximate total of $17.89 with taxes and that my order would be ready in 20 min. After fighting major traffic on Hwy 280 to go from one end of 280 to the next, jump on interstate 65 N and go out of my way into the city of Birmingham to pick up this order for my son. I arrive at 8:41 P.M. to be told that no such order existed even after I told them what I was informed on the phone. No apologies or anything just straight rudeness, attitude and being antogonized by some older black woman with a raggedy mouth that was missing several teeth out of the side of her mouth. I even went to show them my call log confirming the call and they still tried to make it seem as if I called the wrong location even confirming that this was there stored number inside of my phone. I told them the approximate total the man on the phone had given me and Ms. Raggedy mouth had the audacity to give me a different total that was off my $.50 but once again ignorance is a virtue because she obviously did not learn the difference between approximate and actual amounts in school and judging by the condition of her mouth, makes you wonder if she even graduated from school period. So I repeatedly asked for a manager due to I am highly upset to have wasted gas time and gone completely out of my way from my house to be subjected to such rude mistreatment from some incompetent individuals such as themselves. Some kitchen manager proceeds to tell me that she could be placing making the order now and the longer that I waited, that it could literally be in the processed of being made and proceeds to advise me that it would take 10 min. for a piece of grilled salmon to be cooked. She must really thought that I was stupid to believe that my food would be well done and cooked right in 10 minutes less than I was initially quoted. I told her to cook it but I thought about how I was treated and walked out. I refuse to be treated as such and disrespected in the manner that I was disrespected in. I would not have a job if I mistreated customers the way they treated me tonight. I am not some little uneducated person on the street that they think that they can mistreat and get away with it. I have four degrees of which two of them are Masters degrees and could school their incompetent workers on proper business etiquette to loyal customers for 20 yrs.

5 Thank Hillary P