“Nice find!”

Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Very good fresh seafood; although gulf oysters are flavorless. Chowder, and main courses (cioppino and sampler) were delicious. Large portions, too. Lots of sides to choose from, but fried okra was all breading no okra, collards were just OK. Very reasonable prices with a large and varied menu and a Gulf flare. Service was friendly and helpful. Had a 3-man Dixieland band playing, which was quaint, if not talented. Lots of indoor and outdoor seating. Seated quickly. Parking is tight. I would go back.

1  Thank Joe C

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to this place for over 20 yrs. until I today July 26, 2014. After leaving Joe's Crabshack across town, from a wonderful meal for myself and which was much closer to my house, to place a to go order for my son which consisted of Grilled Salmon, fried okra and french fries. Never would I imagine the nightmare that lied ahead for me. I called and placed my order at 8:07 P.M. which I had to repeat my name twice to incompetent female on the phone that my name was Hillary with two l's. When I asked for my total, I was placed on hold and a male caller came on the line and gave me an approximate total of $17.89 with taxes and that my order would be ready in 20 min. After fighting major traffic on Hwy 280 to go from one end of 280 to the next, jump on interstate 65 N and go out of my way into the city of Birmingham to pick up this order for my son. I arrive at 8:41 P.M. to be told that no such order existed even after I told them what I was informed on the phone. No apologies or anything just straight rudeness, attitude and being antogonized by some older black woman with a raggedy mouth that was missing several teeth out of the side of her mouth. I even went to show them my call log confirming the call and they still tried to make it seem as if I called the wrong location even confirming that this was there stored number inside of my phone. I told them the approximate total the man on the phone had given me and Ms. Raggedy mouth had the audacity to give me a different total that was off my $.50 but once again ignorance is a virtue because she obviously did not learn the difference between approximate and actual amounts in school and judging by the condition of her mouth, makes you wonder if she even graduated from school period. So I repeatedly asked for a manager due to I am highly upset to have wasted gas time and gone completely out of my way from my house to be subjected to such rude mistreatment from some incompetent individuals such as themselves. Some kitchen manager proceeds to tell me that she could be placing making the order now and the longer that I waited, that it could literally be in the processed of being made and proceeds to advise me that it would take 10 min. for a piece of grilled salmon to be cooked. She must really thought that I was stupid to believe that my food would be well done and cooked right in 10 minutes less than I was initially quoted. I told her to cook it but I thought about how I was treated and walked out. I refuse to be treated as such and disrespected in the manner that I was disrespected in. I would not have a job if I mistreated customers the way they treated me tonight. I am not some little uneducated person on the street that they think that they can mistreat and get away with it. I have four degrees of which two of them are Masters degrees and could school their incompetent workers on proper business etiquette to loyal customers for 20 yrs.

5  Thank Hillary P
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Walked in and saw a line in this huge, warehouse space. I was starving so I didn't want to wait for a table. When I asked the host up front, he said to go over to the counter and talk to cashier Valerie. She said, instead of waiting for a table, to place our order with her and go sit down in a huge room. We ordered 1 1/2 lb lobster, fried green tomatoes, and my fiancé got ciopino. We also got Greek salads with the meal, and hush puppies.

The busboy/waiter Cory was so nice! He got us whatever we needed. Cashier Valerie was very helpful. When we couldn't finish our salads, she made sure we had to-go boxes. The manager stopped by to see how we were doing. We told him we'd come from MD to try his restaurant. I picked almost all the restaurants for the entire vacation on TripAdvisor and it did not disappoint.

Our food was totally delicious. Even though the room was very large and high ceilinged, the noise didn't bother us at all. We enjoyed the meal and the service was excellent. I can't imagine any better service, even if we'd waited in line for a "regular" table. I'd love to go back again.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Dinner with oyster-craving friends brought us here. We sat in the 'big room' where you first enter in & you get waited on. Live music on a Wednesday evening added a lively, even romantic feel to the place. The oysters were excellent, absolutely fresh! They always have a good selection of fresh oysters but I love to revisit Apalachicola. And I brag to my California friends about this place in Bham which STILL gives it's customers more than their money's worth. The Greek salad was a great accompaniment with full & half sizes. The half size is bigger than it looks. Service was quick and pleasant when fulfilling our multiple requests. If it's fresh seafood you crave, this is the place!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

For the first time in my 20 years of visits, we managed to get downtown to eat. This is a delightful place that combines a real fish market with a seafood restaurant. The market also includes Greek spices, olives, olive oil, and peppers. The owners are Greek, so you can get Greek entrees as well as seafood. They serve a wide variety of seafood either fried or broiled, and sides range from Greek salads to country style southern vegetables. We opted for the delicious Greek salad along with broiled seafood -- mine was monkfish, and Hubby had grouper. MY sister-in-law ate fried fish and french fries while we ordered the Greek style potatoes. All the food was delicious and plentiful, so we had some take- home. The extra bonus was Friday night live entertainment by an awesome sax player and singer! Great night out in Birmingham!