“Good flavor and fast service!”

Fish Market Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 957 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Lexington, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good flavor and fast service!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I used to go often, the service is really fast, food has a great flavor, good size dishes but a little expensive.
There are two ways to get your food; the normal way( have seated and served by a waitress or self service, going to the cashier line and order your own food. The only difference is that you save the tip!

• Visited March 2013

Birmingham, Alabama
“Fish Market Downtown is the best among this group”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've eaten at the Hoover restaurant and at the downtown restaurant. Definitely the downtown version is much better (maybe the chef(s)?) My plate was perfect...I don't think it could have been improved upon. I had a fish/shrimp combination plate, and a cocktail. Both the food and the drink were awesome! Although a little high for my budget, I would definitely go back.

• Visited January 2013
fremont MI
“Failed to meet expectation”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I took a client here for dinner, we had high hopes based on prior reviews. The ambience was as expected, we liked it. However, the food was disappointing, not even average overall: this included: seafood gumbo (average); shrimp bisque (poor); mussels ( fair) broiled striped bass (fair). And our waiter was not very knowledgeable. The best experience was the bill, which was reasonable.

• Visited September 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great Food”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

While visiting my daughter in Birmingham, back in June, 2013, I used a Groupon Coupon for 2 at The Fish Market Restaurant in Hoover, AL. And we both really enjoyed the food. It was my first time eating fried Oysters on a Seafood Platter, and oh my were they delicious. The batter and oil were light which made the taste just great for seafood.

• Visited June 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Awesome Seafood!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I love seafood so I had to try this place. I tried fresh raw oyster for the 1st time and I'm not sure what that red wine vinegar stuff is that they have but it made them delicious. Every thing comes as a large portion so be ready to eat and still get a to go box. They have all types of fish so just tell them what you want. The friend green tomatoes were $5 and the it was a large salad bowl filled with them. I love them but I still couldn't eat them all. The spinach dip is great! Since the food was so good I ended up getting this place to cater for my class reunion. This is my only spot for fresh seafood in Birmingham. I will definitely be returning.

• Visited August 2013