“Food is wonderful, service is terrible.”

Fish Market Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 947 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Greek, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
“Food is wonderful, service is terrible.”
Reviewed March 7, 2008

Food is wonderful, service is terrible.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Need the Freshest seafood possible for 10 bucks a head. Here ya go. Its incredible. more laid back than ocean. there is...”
Reviewed January 8, 2008

Need the Freshest seafood possible for 10 bucks a head. Here ya go. Its incredible. more laid back than ocean. there is 2 more outlets besides this address. I know so ask if you cant find it

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Have enjoyed it each time I've been.”
Reviewed December 6, 2007

Have enjoyed it each time I've been.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I didn't have seafood, but pasta was great. Also, don't sit in the first big room where you go in - it smells to fishy...”
Reviewed November 13, 2007

I didn't have seafood, but pasta was great. Also, don't sit in the first big room where you go in - it smells to fishy, the next room is relaxing.

Atlanta, Georgia
“My kind of place!”
Reviewed July 4, 2007

Recently visited the Fish Market Restaurant for the 1st time. Recommended by a friend - so I read up on the reviews and decided to give it a try.

Though mid afternoon we had to wait about 10 minutes to place our order at the walk up counter. Lots of tables, most were full - but we had no problem getting a table.

From their I can only say WOW! My party all had grilled items - the seafood platter and combo. Everything including the sides was excellent. I'd never tried fried dill pickles and they were a treat. We ordered from the lunch menu at $11 each but I considered it a value due to the quality and quantity. The dinner menu appeared to be about $2-3 per entree higher.

I've had lots of seafood on the Florida gulf and this was as good if not better. I will be visiting Birmingham frequently in the next couple of years and will make this stop whenever possible.