“Outstanding menu and service”

Costa's Mediterranean Cafe
Ranked #345 of 964 Restaurants in Birmingham
Reviewed June 29, 2013

What a delightful, friendly place! Comfortable and not pretentious, the menu include a wide variety of Italian and Greek selections, but I went with one of the nightly specials, the grouper with a side of pasta and steamed veggies. Deeelish! The fish was fresh and perfectly seasoned. The big, round table in the corner was perfect for our party of seven. Maria, the owner, really made us feel at home! An excellent example of a top-notch family-run restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Costa's Mediterranean Cafe

Reviewed June 28, 2013

At here for lunch last week and I was blown away at the quality of the food. I highly recommend the restaurant for a business type lunch or as a meal with your spouse. The quality of the food is great.

1  Thank Don B
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Read a few reviews saying how good the food at this place is. Boy was I disappointed. Perhaps they have new cooks. Notice I said cooks, not a chef. No chef would serve this tasteless food.

Ordered Baked lasagna which came with a small salad that had obviously been prepared very early in the day and placed in ice storage (2 tomatoes were frozen). The bread the server brought to my table... it felt as if it was left over from lunch; hard as a brick.

Beer? Stella on the menu, but sorry, we don't have any. Settled for a Corona. Knew I shouldn't have passed by that BBQ joint.

Again, maybe it was just my visit. But I am rather certain I won't return next time I am in the area.

1  Thank bdmon
Reviewed January 10, 2013

One of the best red sauces in the city.The Eggplant Parmesan is unbelievable ,every time I get this I can't believe it's always fantastic. My wife orders the Lasagna and she's equally impressed with the quality of the food and the service.Every meal is served with fresh baked bread and a fresh salad. We never get dessert and always get a go bag for the left overs.
The waiters are friendly and the service is the best.

Preston Lawley

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The food here is delicious and taste fresh. They should change the carpet’s and upholstery of the booths though. Staff is friendly and helpful. Their bread is delicious. The drinks are well prepared. Parking lot is spacious. Overall this is a great place to go for Italian food.