“Disappointed ”
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Reserve with OpenTable
P.F. Chang's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 1,001 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: P.F. Chang's is a restaurant concept that honors the 2,000-year-old Asian tradition of wok cooking and believes in making food from scratch every day in every restaurant. With a Farm to Wok food philosophy at its core, P.F. Chang's chefs hand-roll dim sum, hand chop and slice all vegetables and meats, handcraft every sauce and wok-cook each recipe, every day in every restaurant using fresh ingredients. With roots in Chinese cooking, the culinary landscape at P.F. Chang's now stretches across Asia with diverse, culturally inspired recipes including hand-rolled sushi, Vietnamese-style soups and bowls, traditional Chinese dim sum, wok-fired chicken and beef entrees, and family style noodles and rice. All made from scratch every day.
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Our friends and us came here for lunch, on a Tuesday, to celebrate my husband's birthday. We all four had a different dish and each of us started saying how it wasn't as good as normal. We hardly ever have a bad meal here, so, we have to wonder what was going on? If this continues, have to wonder how many more times we will be back, because, we drive an hour just to eat here.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

This was my fiance and I very first visit disappointed. Poor Service. Switched waiters without our knowledge. Felt rushed. Food wasnt authentic. Cold and everything was fried not appetizing.

Reviewed August 9, 2017

Unlike some P.F. Changs I have eaten at, the noise level here was about right. The atmosphere was nice, and my wife an I had a pleasant dinner following a couple of hours of shopping.We had spring rolls for an appetizer with decaf ginger-peach tea. For entrees I had the miso-glazed salmon with spinach, bok choy and brown rice. My wife had the Hokkien noodle bowl. Both of us enjoyed our selection and had generous portions. The menu is long with many and varied choices, so it helps to see the menu ahead of time.

Reviewed August 2, 2017

usually, PF Changs is a solid goto place when I am traveling. Just ate in one last week in Raleigh and have eaten here before as well. This time the food was very average. Honey Chicken was tasteless and the brown rice was cold. I was one of only 4 at the bar and the restaurant was mostly empty. This one you can miss.

Reviewed June 5, 2017

I do frequent this P.F. Chang's during my travels. This time was mixed experience.
I had the Blackberry Spice and it was very good. My wife had the Asian Pear, which was also very good.
As an appetizer I chose the Salt & Pepper Calamari. It simply tasted flat, perhaps because it was the last order of the day according to my server? I was interested in the new Kung Pao Dragon Roll. As it arrived I ask the runner for ponzo sauce. Our service returned to inform us that the the restaurant no longer provide it, although the server did offer to bring out some ingredients for me to doctor the table side soy sauce. More importantly the rolls were, unspectacular. I expected more given the ingredients. Meanwhile my wife ordered the Wok-Fired Filet Mignon. Again, her dish was not outstanding. She did have the foresight to pair it with the new P.F. Chang's exclusive red blend (it's 80% merlot but the server did not know what the remaining 20% consisted of and has to ask two other servers). To top things off, I ordered the Chocolate Dome, which the server said would come paired with ice cream. It did not, and by the time the server came around to check, it was a little late. In his defense, he did offer to separately bring out some ice cream, but their the server was misinformed about the item or the kitchen mis-prepared. All in all, not the best meal that I have had at P.J. Chang's or at this location.