“Great food, OK setting, needs some help” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #44 of 937 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Kampala, Uganda
“Great food, OK setting, needs some help”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

This chain is pretty reliable but the Birmingham Summit location needs to pay attention to seating. Far too many plain tables and chairs with fewer booths give it a cold feeling. The wine list was not as good as other locations, however the PF Chang for 2 four course menu is a great way to sample lots of good food.

Visited July 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I try to visit P.F. Chang's in every city u go to for work, which ends up being about once a week. From Virginia Beach to Las Vegas, I have been to them all. With that said, this is one of the worst locations I have been to! From the moment we walked in to the door closing behind us was a disappointment. The hostess tried to set us in a tiny booth for two. My companion is 6'4 and 280 pounds, he couldn't even fit in the booth if he tried. What an embarrassment to him that the hostess could have avoided if she knew her seating better. We waited for a larger booth but people that came in after us w/o reservations were sat in bigger booths before us. The waiter was rude from the start. A smug little man who didn't seem to like his job. The appetizer took a half hour to arrive. The meal took almost an hour and when we inquired about it the one time our waiter was seen, he quipped that the kitchen made our meal wrong. We waited some more. When it arrived, my steamed vegetables were raw! Barely heated and impossible to chew. Raw pea pods were all strings that I was pulling out of my mouth. The huge raw broccoli & carrot chunks of the Buddha Feast were too big to eat without a knife that I never got. Forget chop sticks being offered or the trio sauce that the waiter is suppose to bring at the beginning of the meal. I would had requested the kitchen recook my meal, but smug waiter-man couldn't be bothered to ever come back to the table except to throw us a check. When we mentioned all our concerns, he just threw down the bill and walked away! Not even an apology or to ask if we wanted the untouched meals to go! P.F. Chang's should be embarrassed of this location! What a waste of my time & $50! Oh and to the middle aged wanna-be horrible waiter, I hope you are a better server in the future. It is sad to experience such people who hate their job. It isn't the customer's fault and you shouldn't dump your attitude on innocent people and expect to get paid/tipped well. Find another career field that will suit you better.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank pnkgirl27
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellence all the way around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I'm a local so I'm in a position to give a true rating . I've eaten there many times and I've never been disappointed .
From the location to the food to the service and to the atmosphere all goes together to make a very pleasant dining experience.
Would recommend this restaurant as a must to visit whether you're new to the area or just passing through.

• Visited March 2014
Lanett, Alabama
“First experience was awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stopped by to have dinner after a Dr. appointment! Our waiter Justin was amazing, he knew it was our first time eating there and he offered suggestions and they were delicious! We will definitely be back!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Rhonda W
BirminghamAL
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

My wife and I made reservations here for our Xth wedding anniversary. Although the restaurant was full when we arrived at 6 p.m., our table was waiting. It is nice that when you make reservations for a special evening that the staff remembers it, especially the manager, Nicole. She made us feel especially welcome. Our waiter, Sam, was as good as they get. At one point I kidded him that he needed roller skates to glide around the room like he did. His sparkling personality made the evening an absolute joy. Since our first date was in this restaurant "X" years ago, we've made this an annual tradition. Last night we even got the same table -- and the staff, service, and food reminded us again why we do.

The ambiance of this restaurant lends itself from a romantic evening to a family gathering. The soft lighting and large windows at the end help tremendously. Yes, it was a bit loud, but it was a "happy" loud of chattering people enjoying themselves. We were there for two hours and never once felt "pushed."

The vegetable spring rolls were wonderful with the variety of sauces they bring with them, as was the lettuce leaves to wrap them in. The iced Mango peach tea was very nice, as was the hot decaffeinated ginger mango tea.

I had the Lemon Chicken and my wife the Sweet and Sour Chicken. The lemon Chicken had the same type of very delicate coating that was used in the finer restaurants in Taiwan -- very light and not greasy. The flavor was wonderful, as was the different type of broccoli that was served with it (broccoli sprouts?). The Sweet and Sour had ginger chunks in it that were quite tasty. The "Great Wall of Chocolate" cake was out of this world.

A side note, when we got home we discovered that one of my wife's anniversary gift earrings had dropped out between our table and home. Nicole showed what a great manager she was and even looked under our table with a flashlight -- and remained helpful until we found it. It was obvious that she really cares about her customers. With service and food like this, no wonder there was an 30 - 60 minute wait when we left.

• Visited June 2014