“Still good-even when super busy.”

Dreamland Bar-b-que
Ranked #9 of 977 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Met friends for lunch on Labor Day, and to say "busy" would be an understatement.Still, seating and service was quick.Wife and friends opted for ribs and I had the large bbq sandwich.I don't usually have the chopped bbq, and thought I would try it for once, besides, I knew I was taking a slab of ribs to go as well.Everyone loved the ribs-you either love Dreamland or hate it, doesn't seem to be an in between.I have to say, I liked the chopped bbq, and was pleasantly surprised.The large sandwich is LARGE-so beware.Love their sauce,always have. Cole slaw and baked beans were very good, but fries too greasy for my taste.That seems the norm most places now.All in all great visit and impressed still by food and service. Parking was tough, but hey-Labor Day-what do you expect-they were packed and take out was super busy.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Labor Day brought us early to this outstanding eatery. Wide open license plate decorated BBQ joint. No pretentious display here. We were seated quickly, the waitress took our orders, and this gave me time to sip my unsweetened iced tea and look around. The license plate collection covers the walls. We ordered a slab of pork ribs, baked beans, cole slaw, french fries, and banana pudding (Nana). Everything was excellent, especially the vinegar based BBQ sauce over the ribs. This sauce is better than ketchup (catsup) for dipping both the fries and the bread. Original Dreamland is in Tuscaloosa near the Univ of Alabama. I am delighted that a branch is here in Bham for when I visit old friends.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

Came here for my birthday to experience real southern ribs. Was not disappointed! The serving sizes are huge and I couldn't finish a small serve, but they were so good I took them home and ate them the next day.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

Love this place. Ribs and their sauce are amazing. Service is always on point along with the meals. Must go place for an affordable meal with friends and family.

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

I ordered the half rack of ribs with mac n cheese. The ribs were succulent and juicy and the sauce was plentiful. I left plenty of room to try their famous Banana (Nana) pudding- oh wow! I had to order a portion to take away.