“As Fine a Dining Experience as you'll Find in AL”

Hot & Hot Fish Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Hot & Hot Fish Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 964 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Belgian, French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Was excited to try Hot and Hot, and finally got the opportunity. While the dining room is small, the atmosphere was lively but not crazy. Our server was the perfect combination of knowledgable and there when needed. She recommended the tomato salad when asked, and it was a perfect tomato ( she said Clanton and it literally tasted off the vine perfect), tastefully appointed. I asked for a fish choice and she steered me to the pan seared snapper. Again, fish was perfectly cooked and flavors sublime. I was a really happy diner when I finished with the chocolate soufflé....served hot with creme anglaise and whipped cream, it's out of this world tasty for a chocolate lover. My dinner companion was equally impressed, and we got exactly what we were seeking...a delicious fresh dining experience. As advertised, it's a special occasion place, but I felt it well worth the cost for the quality and service.

There are newer reviews for Hot & Hot Fish Club

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Chris and Ida Hastings are very conscience restaurateur. The service and food are outstanding. A real strength of the menu.is the sourcing of produce and seafood. Local vendors know the high standards the Hastings require and often exceed those standards. Not inexpensive it is a great special occasion experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I had the privilege of eating at this restaurant for our anniversary. The food, atmosphere, and service were all top notch. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone who enjoys fine dining.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Decided last minute to pop in and hope to catch a seat at the bar for dinner. Amazing Wine, Amazing Dinner and Dessert. Always a Special Treat to Eat at Hot & Hot. Chris Hastings has an amazing gift in creating a wonderful dining experience every time we go.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I came here for our monthly date night. I was so excited to try it after seeing chef Hastings win on iron chef. We sat at the bar while we waited for our table and the bartender was attentive and the drinks were good. Once seated our waiter provided average service but expected more from this type of restaurant. I ordered the black snapper and my husband the chicken fried steak. My snapper was pretty good but I've had better, my husband ordered his steak medium well but was served rare which had to be sent back twice. The food was average compared to other fine dining restaurants in the area. For the price, I expected above average food and service which we received neither. Therefore, Ocean remains at the top of our list.

2  Thank Tia T