“Dinner was Fabulous”

Hot & Hot Fish Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Hot & Hot Fish Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 939 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Dinner was Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Wonderfully eclectic restaurant - the menu is sure to delight! Had the backhand ham fish fillet and it was fantastic! Order the little donuts for dessert - phenomenal! Great service!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Jakey413

Los Angeles, California
“I don't get it...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've been wanting to try this restaurant FOREVER....now I wish I went somewhere else. First of all my waiter was stupendous! He was sweet kind and should work for a better restaurant. The alcohol was delectable...it was a citrusy semi sweet with whiskey. I would have that again there. Too bad the food wasn't as good. I ordered the soft shell crab...ehh...mostly batter. Seriously? Where's the meat? Had the scallops which was cool on the inside...I had to request for them to reheat it. However, once it was reheated it was good. But by that time my friend ate one, I ate one, I opened the the other two to make sure they were cool also. Basically half my meal was good. The vegetables around it gave vegetables a bad name. The doughnuts were as if they had stayed 4-6 hours on the shelf and someone dressed it up a high class dessert. A warm dunkin donuts would have been waaaaay better. The chocolate souffle was delicious. I did warn the waiter that I've been told that ordering seafood in Birmingham is a mistake. I guess I was right :(

• Visited February 2013
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“A Birmingham Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

First of all, who wouldn't want to eat food prepared by the guy who beat Bobby Flay on Iron Chef?! Hot and Hot is definitely a palate pleaser. We started off with drinks; I had the blood orange martini, very good, and my husband had Michael's Brew, a beer devloped by a chef in Miami for Back Fourty Ale that is only available at his restaurant in Miami and Hot and Hot. For our appetizer, we went with the charcuterie plate. It was awesome! So many wonderful flavors and unique items! I had scallops as my entree and half to admit I have had better, but these were incedible! (I had a scallop appetizer at Highlands that was the best I have ever tasted). Unfortunately, there was no room for dessert. My husband knows two of the chefs, so we were sent and little post-appetizer treat. This is a great venue for a special occasion (not super romantic) or a fun night out with friends or family (not children though, I would never spend that much money on a kid's dinner). The service is excellent and the food is just short of that. No complaints though, I am making another trip there on Friday and hoped to be blown away by every dish.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank JacDeck
Jacksonville, Alabama
“Fantastic Spot in Birmingham!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was our second visit - it was even better the second time. The service was some of the best anywhere. All staff members were knowledgeable and never left you wanting for anything (without hovering). Chef Hastings creations are some of the best anywhere, not just in the Southeast. He is also great with the guests, he came to the table and had a nice conversation with the group. If you are not aware, he is a James Beard winner for 2012 Best Chef in the South. He earned it! The appetizers, main course and desert were all great - not a single average dish in the bunch. The Roasted Duck Breast and Crispy Confit with Grit Pavé was incredible. Is it expensive? Of course it is - but if you are looking for an experience, rather than just a meal, it is worth the cost (average $35-$38 per entree).

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank JackandJudi
Mobile, Alabama
“As good as any in Birmingham”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Have eaten here multiple times. In downtown near many other establishments. If you like, you can eat at the table/ bar overlooking the kitchen and watch the chef(s). Great presenation of the food and the menu changes regularly. Bar drinks and martinis are well made and you will find most wines that meet your palate. All the servers we have encountered were professional and knowledgeable. You can dress up or dine business casual and you'll fit right in. The tables weren't as close togerther as they are at Highlands which I like. They have valet parking at the front door so you need not worry about where to park. In downtown Birmingham it can be hard to find a parking space. I highly recommend Hot and Hot Fish for a great fine dining experience.

• Visited October 2012