“Excellent dining experience”

Hot & Hot Fish Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Hot & Hot Fish Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 977 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Belgian, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Good menu and wine list. The tomato salad is to die for. Bustling atmosphere but nice. Excellent service. Congrats to Chef Hastings on his 2012 James Beard award.

1  Thank Denise S

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This restaurant has a nice atmosphere and unique dishes. It is a bit pricey, but worth the splurge. Make reservations ahead of time! The owner, Chris Hastings, won the Iron Chef!!

1  Thank lynncast
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Hot and Hot sets the standard for outstanding food. We dined there recently. I had the Tomato Salad which was almost a meal in itself. I also had the "simple grilled fish" which was not the least bit simple. It was grilled and plated on a bed of sautéed heirloom vegetables with a light lemon caper sauce. It was perfectly prepared and so succulent. My husband had a lamb tamale for his appetizer. He said it was one of the best things he has had in years. He also had the "lamb 3 ways" and loved it.

2  Thank leapin_lemur
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This was my first experience with Hot and Hot. My wife brought me here for my Birthday. It was the best meal I have ever had, start to finish ( I did not get desert, but I’m sure it would have been good). I started with the Charcuterie platter, it was awesome. It had lamb bacon, foie gras, port rillettes, head cheese, some kind of salami, and Lardo. All of it was outstanding; it all was equally my favorite. For my entrée I had the pork dish. This included pork tenderloin medallions with succotash, braised pork belly with a fried green tomato, and a pork crepinette which is pork sausage uncased then wrapped in pork fat and cooked, freaking amazing!!! By this point I was stuffed. My wife, a pescatarian, had the tomato watermelon gazpacho and the tomato salad. I tried both and they where great. I will definitely be eating here more often; in fact, it is my new favorite restaurant!

2  Thank roxanneandrob
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Food was wonderful. We have eaten at the Veranda across the street several times and my wife likes the atmosphere better. Sitting at the bar takes a little longer to get your food and drinks.

2  Thank R0llTider