“Absolutely fabulous”

Hot & Hot Fish Club
Reserve with OpenTable
Hot & Hot Fish Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 985 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American, Belgian, French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We had a great meal and a great time at Hot Hot Fish. The food preparations were fresh, unique, beautifully presented, and delicious as well. Our server -- I think his name was Matthew -- was entertaining and very knowledgeable about both the food and wine. We went with his recommendations and were delighted. My husband loved the soft shell crab -- very spicy -- and I especially enjoyed the salmon tartar appetizer. The wine list offered good wines at fair prices. We did not visit any of the other high end restaurants in Birmingham, so I can't compare to them. But this one was GREAT!

3  Thank alvalady

Reviewed April 15, 2011

I am actually at Hot and Hot right now and could not be more disappointed. First of all, they were sold out of everything but Salmon and cobia. Even Applebees has salmon so I went with the Cobia. It tasted like salty old fish- I could not have been more disappointed or embarassed. The service took forever and It was horrible. I had bragged about Hot and Hot for years to my out of town boyfriend but now am embrassed that he spent the money. We nearly fell asleep waiting for dessert to come and had the waiter box it up for us but our reservations were for 9:00PM and the restaurant was mostly empty. Last weekend we went to McCormick and schmidts and I ordered Cobia which was timely and not fishy. I recommend you save your money and the disappointment and go there

1  Thank HannahT187
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I was in Birmingham for business and took a VIP to Hot and Hot (his suggestion). The food/atmosphere/service was incredible!

Our server was a 10. He knew the menu well, made great suggestions but was not overbearing or annoying. We never had to ask for a refill on water or wine and he did not rush us. I had a reservation at the restaurant and the servers and hostess called me by my last name all night

The food was incredible. I ordered flounder and it was seasoned perfectly. The only thing that surprised me is that my entree did not include a side item. I expected steamed veggies or a starch.

I would definitely recommend and cannot wait to go back again (next time I am in town!)

1  Thank JustCallmeTourGuide
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Went the week after valentines. Had the tuna tar tar which was absolutly wonderful. The duck confit cassoltet was a must and perfectly seasoned.the steak was average. We sat at the chefs counter and were surprised the chefs kept their heads down and didn't enteract with guests. But over all, we had a great time and will be back. Oh, and some portions were oddly small.

2  Thank Misohungry711
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We enjoyed a Saturday evening at the Hot and Hot sitting at the kitchen table. The food was fabulous and the staff was very attentive. My guest had the rabbit and I had the Royal Reds, both were delicious. I would recommend sitting at kitchen bar and watching the prep work. I hope to eat there again in the near future.

2  Thank andycrna