“Great lunch at the cafe!”
Review of Bottega Restaurant

Bottega Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bottega Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 1,001 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

Had a great time here for lunch at the cafe. The cheese plate was great and the pizza was awesome. Definitely will return.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

I usually eat on the cafe side but both menus are available. I used to love Bottega but more recently I thought the menu was lacking and there was nothing I really wanted to eat.

Reviewed December 15, 2017

We recently dined at Bottega Restaurant and made our reservation through Open Table. This restaurant had been recommended to us by the owner's brother, also a restauranteur in the suburbs of St. Louis. We were very pleased with every part of the experience. The ambiance is lovely. Our server, Terry S., was helpful and attentive without being stifling. He was very knowledgable about all items on the menu. The Parmesan Souffle was outstanding. Other notables from our dinner were the crab and squash ravioli and the lobster and shrimp risotto. Kudos to the staff and management of this restaurant. We aren't from Birmingham but would gladly dine at Bottega again.

Reviewed December 14, 2017

Since Bottega Cafe doesn't take reservations, we stood and waited for at least 30 minutes for lunch. The crowded noise level was very high, compounded by music the cafe was blaring in the background. My fish sandwich was very good -- with fish that was grilled, not fried -- but my girlfriend's pizza was strictly average. $40 for lunch with mixed results on our two dishes and with a long wait amidst a noisy crowd: not a good value, and we will not go back.

Reviewed December 14, 2017

Made our reservation on line using Open Table. Was called the day before our reservation to confirm our time and amount of people in our person.

We arrived 390 minutes before our reservation and after coming off the expressway we got into a mess waiting for valet parking service. Traffic jam. A car pulled out in front of the restaurant and I immediately pulled into the spot, shortly after I pulled in a valet attendant came running to say that spot was saved for their service in the evening. No problem, he took my keys and parked the car. The valet attendants were friendly and hard working, it was just a mess at arrival.

We entered the restaurant and were immediately greeted by a server who turned out to be our server. He took us to our table after confirming our reservation. His name was Chris. Chris was very friendly, hospitable and professional. His service throughout was outstanding. He used our name, recognized we were celebrating our anniversary and did well to build a rapport with us that made his service stand out.

We ordered a bottle of wine, the wine list is eclectic, extensive and for the most part expensive. Value wines can be found however the US wines are all very pricey forcing me to order an Italian wine at a reasonable price.

Chris was very knowledgeable about the menu and the food preparations. He answered all questions we had as we ordered. The menu is a bit limited with just 8 entrees on it although the menu changes daily that highlights the freshness of food available as well as seasonality.

The food was brought out in a timely manner. Food quality was very good, my entrée of yellow fin tuna was very good and cooked perfectly for me however the sliced potato accompaniment was very al dente and could have been hotter and cooked a little more thoroughly. The appetizers were both excellent and we loved the apple tart. The bread service of focaccia and olive oil was excellent, the bread fresh and warm although my wife thought it was too salty.

Service was attentive throughout, water glasses were kept full and more bread brought to replenish. Dishes were removed at completion. We were brought an Italian dessert wine complimentary to celebrate our special occasion.

A review of the Jefferson County Health Department restaurant inspections show that the Bottega Restaurant scored a 99 in their most recent inspection showing that the establishment is doing an excellent job to reduce risk of food borne illness.

We highly recommend Bottega for a great dining experience.