“Delicious food, but noisy”
Review of Bottega Restaurant

Bottega Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bottega Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 964 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We went there for a date night on a Wednesday. We were seated at the table closest to the bar in the more formal dining room area. Even though it was midweek, the bar was packed! We had bar patrons standing right behind my chair for the majority of the meal (since there were more of them, than bars stools). Usually, I thoroughly enjoy the ambience at Bottega, but that table really leaves something to be desired. Their overcrowded presence, as well as their loudness, seemed more appropriate for the cafe side of the restaurant! Some crowd control is needed!
As for the food, my lobster ravioli appetizer, limoncello martini and Paella were all excellent! My husband said the venison was good, but a bit tough. Peach cobbler was yummy, too!

There are newer reviews for Bottega Restaurant

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I went here about a month ago with friends for dinner. My meal was fabulous. I started off with Gin and grapefruit juice, my old standby. We then ordered an assortment of appetizers, including the Fritto Miso, an assortment of seafood items and I had the Gem Bibb Salad with Dill dressing. While the salad was good, the Dill dressing was superb. I then had a lamb dish consisting of two different cuts of lamb prepared entirely differently. One cut was sautéed, while the other was broiled. Again everything was perfect. I rarely eat lamb because I'm usually not happy with the preparation, but I tried it here because I thought if anybody could get it right Bottega would. I wasn't disappointed. We finished off by ordering every one of the deserts and sharing. Everything was perfect.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a group of 10 and since we didn't have a resv, and didn't want to wait 2 hrs we decide to split our group in to 2, The service was great, the food came with in a reasonable time. I had the chicken pizza it was great. The only problem was it was real loud. Its best to let them park your car.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had heard great things about this restaurant and decided to try it out for our anniversary while we in town for other business. Food (creative menu) and Service (very knowledgeable) were both fabulous. Our table was perfect and we loved being able to take our time and enjoy each course. We will definitely return and also can't wait to try one of Frank Stitts other restaurants.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is my all-time favorite restaurant anywhere. The delicious dishes created by Frank Stitt - the multi-winner of James Beard awards and chef/owner of several other fine eateries - are always fabulous. I love the more casual "Bottega Cafe"( right side of the building) atmosphere and menu the best. This trip for lunch I had the recommended red pepper piadinia (their wonderful small pizza folded in half) with chicken and cheese. For dessert we delighted in the recommended housemade Blackberry Pistachio Semifreddo. Divine!! It's always above and beyond at Bottega Cafe. And trust the waiter's recommendations. Their very special bar concoctions and robust wine list are always good.