“Convenient Location”

Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed November 16, 2010

This hotel offers beer, wine and limited cocktails from 5:30 to 7PM each evening. At the same time they have some hot snack foods such as hot dogs, potatoes, meatballs, etc. They offer a nice selection of warm breakfast foods such as biscuits and gravy, french toast, sausage patties, scrambled eggs and waffles you prepare yourself--plus coffee, juice and pastries. The rooms are an adequate size and are kept orderly by housekeeping staff. Free internet is provided and the hotel is near 2 large malls with upscale stores. The only down side has to do with Birmingham itself. DRIVING THERE IS TOTAL GRIDLOCK!! It takes forever to get anyplace. They need a loop around the city and traffic lights that are better synchronized.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed September 26, 2010

We enjoyed everything about this hotel stay from the clean room, delicious breakfast and wonderful service. We will be staying there again. Compared to other hotels, this hotel shines above others.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rvsmith2
Reviewed September 21, 2010

My family and I stayed here for the weekend. Our room was clean and the decor a little outdated but overall a fairly decent hotel. My problem was the pets in the hotel rooms. Everytime I turned around there was someone walking their dog, bringing dogs on the elevator, or checking in with their dogs. I didn't know that this hotel was pet friendly, otherwise I would not have stayed here. I don't have a problem with dogs, it's just that I am not a fan of pets in hotel rooms. Some people like me suffer from allergies. We didn't make a fuss about things we just got up early and checked out. All that I am saying is that the guest should be made aware of pets in the hotel before check in.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2010

When you are assisted at the front desk and to your room within a few minutes.
When you enter your room and it smells nice and fresh. When you turn down your bed and the sheets are crisp and clean. Well, then that is what I come to Drury for!
Happy hour for me consisted of a couple miniture glasses of wine and an 'okay' selection of horderves/snacks - which never hurts, especially after a 7 hour drive.
I think the beds are comfortable, and have almost always had a great stay at any Drury - this one is no exception.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank alarones
Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stayed here on our road trip from Chicago to Pensecola - this has been one of our favourite stops. From Erins warm welcome on the desk to the amazing free early doors food and drinks and comfy bed we constantly were amazed by the excellent value this hotel afforded.

1  Thank HelenLytham
Reviewed July 4, 2010

first this company has terrible customer service from all venues from corporate to inside hotel staff,food was terrible ,rooms looked old and very outdated furniture like something from the 80's, not worth the money.they charge the wrong amount to your credit card and just expect for you to sit and let them rape you! so if you do make the mistake of staying here please constantly check you bank acct....the worst part is that my wife booked us for my birthday and was the worst birthday experiance of my life .
Thanks drury inn for giving me a birthday i wont forget.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2010

My friends and I have stayed at this hotel for the past 4 years during an annual golf trip to Alabama. We've always received exceptional service from all staff members and they all go the extra mile in friendliness and assistance. They even remembered us from previous visits.
We've always stayed in the two room suite which offers two queen beds and a TV in one room, with a small galley kitchenette with sink, microwave and bar fridge and a separate living room with queen sofa bed and 27in TV.

The hot breakfast buffet offers a simple but great variety of choices that would suit everyone's tastes.

The evening cocktail reception is a nice way to get out of the room and relax with friends in the comfortable lobby that offers table and chairs, a couple of fireplaces surrounded by comfy chairs. We enjoyed playing cards in this setting while enjoying a beverage and complimentary bar snacks.

There is also a popcorn machine and soda pop dispenser available in the lobby for kids.

The hotel was undergoing some exterior improvements while we were there, but other than the hot-tub not working, it didn't create any excess noise or dirt.

There are two computers available to guests on the mezzanine level, which was great for checking email and airline check-in. Printers and paper are provided.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends