All reviews free drinks evening kickback indoor outdoor pool hot dogs evening food biscuits and gravy nachos breakfast and dinner gulf shores no exception hot breakfast state farm waffles evening reception comfortable room front desk clerk a great place to stay
Reviewed October 1, 2018

The Lakeshore Drive location of Drury Inn is an example of why this chain keeps winning the top hotel ratings from JD Power for the past 12 years. It has very easy access on/off Interstate 65. There are good restaurant options nearby. Our room was spotless. The bed was comfortable. The building quiet. The staff were warm and welcoming weather walking down the hall, greeting us at check in or serving a free beverage during happy hour. Children seemed to enjoy the indoor/outdoor pool when ever we passed. Drury pricing is consistently reasonable for a mid range hotel but their "extras" put them over the top. We received 3 drinks per adult at their nightly happy hour which included a hot meal with salad until 7pm. Breakfast included Belgian waffles and eggs along with most other items one would want. We will definitely return to this location when passing through Birmingham AND we will continue to look for other Drury Inn locations when traveling.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

Go to I-65 Birmingham, Exit 255 ( Lakeshore Drive) to State Farm Parkway. Great rooms. 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. cocktails with free food for the whole family. PET FRIENDLY!!!!!! Landry’s Seafood restaurant across the street.
Safe from Hurricane Florence. Indoor/outdoor pool.
Strongly recommend this Drury Inn.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank John M
Reviewed September 8, 2018

We always love staying at Drury hotels! They are very well managed and maintained. The only notable comments, 1.) We would have loved to see bacon on their breakfast offering, and 2.) Steam-clean the carpets in the guest rooms a little more often.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Drury Hotels
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Thank you we are glad you always love staying at Drury hotels! As you know from staying with us we provide a free daily Breakfast & free Hot Food and cold beverages in the evening. We do provide sausage patties at breakfast and get many compliments regarding its taste. Our carpets are cleaned on a regular or as needed basis. I'm sorry that you had a few concerns, but glad you enjoyed your stay overall. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Rick S.

Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

I arrived a couple hours before check in time and thankfully was able to check in.
Beds are comfortable and room was nice and clean. Bathroom is a bit on the small side but that doesn’t bother me.
Breakfast had the typical free hotel options plus the things needed to make breakfast burritos, which I loved!
Sadly I couldn’t partake in the kickback during my stay, but I do like that it’s an option at drury hotels.
I would recommend this property to anyone looking and would definitely stay here again if needed.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Red3185
Reviewed August 24, 2018

Taking a chance on a new hotel chain is never fun. But from the time I made the reservation and being greated with a smile at the front desk and a quite comfortable room, we will be back. Breakfast and happy hour were more then I was hoping for.. thanks.. see you soon..

Date of stay: August 2018