“Nice Clean Bathroom - Good Value....Will Look for the Drury Inn Sign !!”

Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed August 13, 2009

My husband and I have now stayed twice in this hotel outside downtown Birmingham. We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of this hotel. We do not have Drury in Florida and were not familiar with the hotel chain. The room & especially the bathroom were extremely clean. In the evening we had free cocktails & snacks. In the morning we received a free hot breakfast. Everyone was very nice during our stay. We will be returning to the area in October and look forward to staying at the Drury.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Snoofy

Reviewed July 8, 2009

We stayed for stayed for six days. Room was clean on first day. Second day, they left no pillowcases on two of the pillows. It was late and we were tired when we found out so we just placed two towels over pillows. Third day, we made coffee in morning and they left no coffe when they cleaned. Fourth day, they left no toilet paper and I found out at 5:00 in the morning when I got up and needed it. Called front desk and they brought some over. Fifth Day, they cleaned but did not vacum the floor. Sixth day I was glad to leave. I also need to mention that our rooms were not clean until between 4:00 and 4:30. I called the front desk the second day and they informed me that they housekeeping works until 4:30 so I gave it up. I expected better service for the price, as we paid $114.00 and $119.00 on the weekend for a two room suite

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2009

Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels and thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize that you had concerns with the service to and cleanliness of your room during your stay. We value your business and sincerely regret that the room you received was not up to Drury standards. We appreciate your comments as they will help us address the issues you brought to our attention with our team. It is our mission to have our rooms fresh and clean for every guest that stays with us. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed April 24, 2009

We stayed here April 3, 2009, on our way to Destin from IL. I always look for an indoor pool because we like to have a way for the kids to blow off steam after being in the car all day. The indoor/outdoor option is fun for the kids, even when it's cold- they don't care! It's nice to have a drink waiting when you arrive- happy hour every day from 4-7 and you get one ticket for a drink per adult in the room, I think. Plus there is free soda and popcorn until 10, the kids love that. The continental breakfast is good with lots of options and we did not have trouble finding a place to sit and eat. We also like the fridge in the room so we will have cold drinks for the morning drive. We had 4 rooms reserved, all were ready when we arrived and exactly what we had reserved. Everything was clean and the staff was friendly. We will be back on our way down next year!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank tigertail94
Reviewed September 22, 2008

There have been very few hotels that we have stayed in that we would feel the need to rave about. But this is the one!!! Absolutely perfect service, extremely clean rooms, nice comfy beds. Great location. We will always look for a Drury Inn & Suites when traveling now, and I hope the next one is as great as the one we stayed at in Birmingham!!!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2008

We stayed at the Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham SW on our way to Gulf Shores for spring break. Check in went smoothly. We should have known that it might be a noisy night when the front desk couldn't upgrade us to a suite because they had all been taken by a high school basketball team. But, I don't think the basketball team were the noisy ones. We heard doors opening and closing and people talking (not yelling), until 3 am. I believe that the majority of the noise we could hear was coming through the door or hallway wall. It was like our door was open, regular noise seemed very loud.

The hotel was well kept, and our room was clean. They offered beverages and snacks in the evening. The breakfast was good with extras like biscuits and gravy, french toast, sausage, etc. The lady that ran the breakfast was very pleasant, and nice to our children too. Security was visible patrolling the parking lot all during our stay. The indoor/outdoor pool looked inviting, but we didn't have time to use it. The shower, tv, fridge, etc. all worked fine.

All in all a good hotel except for the noise level. Even the heavy sleepers in our family were bothered by the noise. We will pass on this hotel the next time we are going through Birmingham. Too bad, because it's a nice place.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Drury on our way down to Gulf Shores a few weeks ago. We checked in late, around midnight, so we had to get security to let us in. There wasn't enough parking, so we had to park at the steakhouse next door. The room was very clean and the bathroom had nice tile everywhere. The king bed was awesome. Just what we needed after a long day of driving. The breakfast was good with a lot of hot foods like eggs and bacon. The staff was very friendly as well. We didn't have time to swim, but the pool looked very clean. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2007

After leaving another establishment in Birmingham, we welcomed the hotel change. This establishment was clean and spacious (King Jaccuzi Suite). Complimentary breakfast was delicious. Only problem, the refrigerator was broken. I informed the staff that I had some items that required refrigeration and requested that someone check on it. After one call to the front desk attendant, Jonita, and one visit downstairs to speak with her, someone finally came to check on the refrigerator. It was determined that it was not working. When I requested that someone replace it (a small collegiate style dorm room refrigerator) with another one from another vacant room, I was told that the maintenance crew was not working. Jonita stated that she could swap out the refrigerator, but she wasn't going to lift it up. Rhonda couldn't because she had neck surgery. After about an hour, staff called to say that they would move us to another room. Rather that awake my sleeping significant other (exhausted from the long trip) to get him to move the refrigerator, I went downstairs and informed staff that I would move the refrigerator myself instead of allowing my items to expire. Needless to say they were pretty shocked that a tiny little lady would move it. At least my food items (chocolate covered strawberries and apples with nuts and coconut from Edible Arrangements- which were more important than the other food items -wink) did not expire. Needless to say, this was my second stay at one of the Drury Inn hotels at each I had problems with getting problems resolved by staff personnel, but I would still recommended it for its spaciousness (1st visit King Executive Suite, 2nd visit King Jaccuzi suite) and cleanliness. Great place to stay just don't expect the staff to resolve any problems should such arise.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends