“Nothing Dreary About Drury Inn and Suites”

Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest
Ranked #10 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Houston, Texas
“Nothing Dreary About Drury Inn and Suites”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as the last night on our long car trip. We have never stayed at a Drury Inn but we tried it because it looked great online. Our room had a separate bedroom enclosed with an actual door and that was great for added privacy without the added price. We paid less than $100 for the night and my teenage son slept in the comfortable pull out sofa bed while the rest if us slept in the queen size beds. I have a Tempurpedic at home but these beds were quite comfortable. My husband liked that the air conditioner made the room very cold. We dined at a restaurant but the evening meal they serve looked appetizing (and free). We grabbed breakfast in the morning to go but it wasn't quite set up yet. The staff was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank DeniseYRoss

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night here, after a 10 hour drive. I called about a half hour before we showed up, and they got us right in. Upon check-in, I realized I forgot to request a crib and they got it up to the room within 10 minutes. Our card was charged and the receipt was slipped under the door before we got up, so I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to use the coupon I had...I went down to the desk and they refunded my card (ended up being half the cost!) no questions asked!!!!! Everyone was SSOOOO friendly--even the maintenance man making copies at the front desk was super nice! The free dinner with drinks and the nice breakfast didn't hurt either ;)
We have stayed at a Drury Inn in St Louis, which is why we chose this one...we will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Jared J
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

The staff was very nice and friendly!! The pool was great and the hot tub was wonderful. The only real problem we had was the air circulation in the king 2 room suite. The nightly snacks and drinks were perfect after a long day as well. Everything was above my expectations!!!

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Monica H
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We only stayed one night, as we were just traveling through, but I was very impressed. This was my first stay at a Drury Inn, and it was exceptional from the moment we stepped through the lobby door. We were greeted very pleasantly by the front desk clerk - Shondra . Checked in promptly, went to our room to drop bags off, then left right away for dinner. As we crossed the lobby on our way out, Shondra inquired if we were happy with our room. After dinner, upon our return, again, a pleasant, courteous greeting.
Room was VERY clean, bed was wonderfully comfortable. They have an evening appetizer gathering, which looked great. But we checked in too late for that. We actually left before the hot breakfast started, but what was set up looked great as well.
I will definitely look for a Drury Inn when we next travel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sue M
Glen Allen, Virginia
Reviewed June 19, 2014

The rooms are recently re-done....the color scheme is pleasing to the eye and the furniture is comfortable. The rooms are large and have all that you need.

The staff is WONDERFUL. From the moment we made our reservations to the time we checked in we felt welcomed. The day auditor was friendly and checked us right in. They made sure the feather pillows were gone as I am allergic.

Housekeeping keeps the rooms very clean and stocked with towels. Breakfast and dinner are very good and the staff makes certain you have enough to eat and that the tables are clean.

We won't stay anyplace other than here.

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side are cooler in the summer but the others are not hot, just air must run a...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank karen w
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here several times over the past few years for business trips and I have always enjoyed my stay
Staff is always extremely helpful and courteous, rooms are clean and comfortable, and the evening kickback amd breakfast are great.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Anna K
Illinois
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

First let me say that Michelle( I think that was her name) who worked the evening shift when we checked in was incredibly warm and friendly! After a very long drive I really appreciated her warm attitude and great customer service. We had a family suite and it was newly renovated in a nice color palate. Everything was super clean which is so important to me. The beds were a little firm but we slept very well. The morning breakfast which is included also helps make this Drury Inn a great value. We will definitely return!!

Stayed April 2014