“Sure to be Welcomed!”

Ranked #10 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Sure to be Welcomed!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I don't know what it is with the Drury, they must provide special training because their staff are GREAT! You are more than welcomed when you arrive, friendliest hotel staff I believe I have ever met and I travel alot. The room was very clean and accomodating with a clean workable frig and microwave. The room too was very clean and everything appears in place. Sleeping, well was like on a cloud. Considering the price, this is a great value for the comfort provided. Oh, and don't forget the Free Kickback, great food, relaxing atmosphere and refreshments included. Breakfast too included with plenty of options. Personally, I have stayed in a number of Drury's and they are a consistent chain of hotels. Thanks Drury staff for another great night at a Drury Inn!

Room Tip: Close to the elevator, vending is located here as well.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Celestiel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Columbus, MS
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

The staff was so courteous and helpful. The breakfast and evening reception was so nice. The staff went above and beyond to make sure you had everything you needed pr wanted each time we were in the eating areas. This was by far one of the best experiences I've ever had at a hotel. We will go back!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank MrAndMrsHappilyEA
Schertz, Texas
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Once again the military rate is superb. The service was outstanding with the breakfast being very good. We had a double queen on the fourth floor and room was just okay. Parking was easily accessible with the outside being clean. I would highly recommend this hotel for friends and family

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Prohack36
Saint Peters, Missouri, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed only one night but we wished we were able to stay longer. The room was very large and comfortable. Everything was spotless. We were traveling with our pets and they loved the room too! Lots of room for the chihuahuas to play. The breakfast in the morning was very good. I especially want to thank Michelle at the front desk-great service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Donna Z
Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stopped here on our way to New Orleans. it was a nice "midway" point in our long drive south...and dealing lots of traffic. I had made a reservation ahead of time ...knowing it was spring break time...and rooms book quickly off the interstate. rate was reasonable. We arrived after midnight...was reassured that this was a secure location...as there was a security person at front door and front desk clerk verified we had a reservation prior to letting us enter. I have to say ALL staff here were so polite and helpful. The front desk clerk at midnight was wonderful! You wouldn't haven't known it was the middle of the night...as she was quite chipper :). Our room was perfect...clean very nice. room was also quiet. We did have breakfast the next morning...and the breakfast area was VERY busy ...it was a Saturday morning...during spring break time...lots of traveling families. regardless, food was kept hot and replenished. I also had to use the business center to print some travel documents...very easy to use...and free. Check out easy. I wouldn't hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank akersjr
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had to attend a doctor's appointment on March 26th so we booked this hotel for two nights. I was very excited because the reviews seemed great. We arrived between 11:00 PM- 12:00 AM and it was cool outside. My son had gotten sick in the car, so I rushed to the doors to get inside with him wrapped in a blanket, I sat in-between two sets of doors waiting for someone to open or come to the window but it wasn't until I told my sister no one was there someone came to the window. We checked in and headed to the room, upon entering the room the smell was overwhelming. The cleaner they used or how much they used was too much. We all looked at each other and I told my sister at least we knew they cleaned. It was late so I went downstairs and looked for the pantry but forgot my card and went back up to retrieve it, before getting onto the elevator I overheard the staff talking about beating someone up and some harsh words. After going back to the room and retrieving my card, I went back downstairs and looked around, this time my mother was with me. I couldn't find the pantry so I found the vending and realized they didn't take cards, so I headed back up front. I finally found the pantry and asked the staff person going in if it was open and she replied with no they were closed. We headed back to the room and sent my mom out to the Wal-Mart down the street to get drinks and snacks. The next morning I looked over the brochure which states the pantry is open 24-hours a day. I was very upset I was lied to and the lack of care from the night shift about their guests. I would not stay here again for that reason alone. I do think the rooms are overpriced for what you get. We stayed in a king suite and I was not impressed at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Rowmom10
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We appreciate hearing from our guests and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay at our hotel. Your experience was certainly not the norm. Our team vision is for all guests to have an enjoyable stay. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great Hotel for folks with pets or without. Good night meal included with salad bar, entrees and drinks included. Breakfast also good with great selection. Management and staff made it a point to ask guests about your stay and meals.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family