On our way down to FL we stopped in at the Drury inn after reading the reviews on trip advisor. We are a family of five without reservations. The sweet gal at the front desk was friendly and helpful. She did not have anymore suites available so she gave me a key to a standard room to see if it would work for our family. I checked it out on my own and determined that a roll away bed would not fit into the room. The receptionist gave us extra bed linens after I told her my five year old would be ok sleeping on the floor with a makeshift bed. The beds are comfortable and clean. No strange strong hotel cleaning odor. The ac unit is a bit loud when kicked on but did not seem to alter our sleep. The free breakfast in the morning was perfect. Our kids loved all the treats, donuts, waffles, cereal, etc. the hot food was not bad. The staff was very helpful and curtious. Overall very impressed for what u pay for a nights stay. Will come back!! I also want to add that we ad bikes on the back of our car and felt very safe with them in the parking lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short distance from I-65, Drury Inn & Suites in Southwest Lakeshore Drive is seven minutes from the University of Alabama-Birmingham and a short drive to downtown Birmingham attractions. Relax in your clean, comfortable room and enjoy a free hot breakfast, served every day, as well as free hot food and cold beverages at our evening 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Lakeshore Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Birmingham Sw
- Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Sw Hotel Birmingham
- Drury Inn Birmingham
- Drury Birmingham