“Awesome hotel”

Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Lakeshore Drive
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Found this hotel in one of the hotel coupon saver guides, we were looking for a two room suite for less than $100 a night. The bathroom is sweet - whirlpool tub, separate shower, marble floors and counters. Between 5:30 and 7 they have something called "Kickback" which is a free dinner buffet with free drink coupons redeemable for margaritas and whatnot. Consider ourselves lucky for finding this hotel at random from all the hotels in Birmingham.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank mb0nness

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I don't know if you can add much to the describtion of a Drury Inn....it's a Drury Inn. But, you can comment on the service which was great. Check in was quick an professional. Our room was not ready, but, the front desk moved us to another room after I made that suggestion. The evening meal was good with items that suffice. If you had to go out and buy the meal you would probably drop $25 for two so take that off the room rate. Same goes for the breakfast which would probably run you about $15 for two. Just nothing to complaint about.

UNRELATED: How do turn on spell check when you're posting?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Bill G
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Any readers of my reviews know that I love the Drury Inn's and will stay at one as many times as I can.

I was enroute to New Orleans and decided to stop over at this particular Drury Inn instead of driving straight through. I arrived late at night and the buzzer system to get in was rather nerve-wracking but the front staff was great. Very friendly and I lucked out and got an open parking spot right up front.

The elevator was a little old and seemed small, but that was the only negative as I arrived.

The room was next tot he elevator shaft but I didn't hear any noises at all from the elevator. The room was well appointed with plenty of electrical outlets, working ventilation and comfortable bedding.

My only real complaint was that the Internet was terrible. I had to resort to using my air card on several occasions. An upgrade to their system is definitely in order and hopefully will be completed soon.

Otherwise, this was a good stay.

I did not try their breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Lakeshore Drive, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for choosing Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest! We appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear you enjoyed your room and that the front desk staff was “great” during your stay with us. We are sorry to hear about the internet issue you encountered. Your comment has been addressed with our internet provider. We truly appreciate your business and do hope to see you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We travel to the panhandle of Florida at least once a year with our 15 year old dog and we always stop at this Drury Inn on State Farm Parkway in Birmingham, Alabama because of the great people,clean rooms and very comfy beds.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IndianaLarry
Reviewed January 27, 2013

A great place to stay. Indoor pool, hot tup, work out room, Free Hot food and drinks @night, and hot breakfast in morning. Pet friendly! They have an employee named Arney whom is great. There are many places to eat around there as well. They are a little pricy, but worth it! The most important thing about this hotel is that it feels safe. They also have free popcorn and soda until about 10:00 p.m.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. I have not had a bad one yet! They all also have a micro/fridge.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rob B
Reviewed January 23, 2013

For my one night stay, I was surprised that I had to spend NO money on food. Drury Inn offers a "happy hour" buffet that includes wings, baked potatoes, soup, nachos, salad, and 2 free drinks. I was shocked! So much food that it served as my dinner. The next morning, they served a hot breakfast with eggs, potatoes, bacon, biscuits & gravy, and make-your-own waffles. Juice, cereals and oatmeal. Wow. Not only so, for 1 whole hour you can call long-distance for free. In case you forget your laptop, they have computers on the 2nd floor atrium. Clean room, comfy bed, and all rooms now have recliners, as well. I loved it. And the staff are great! Will be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Patricia W
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We drove 651 miles the day we stayed at the Drury in Birmingham and were beat. We picked up one of the Travel Discount books at a rest area. We were able to get the room at a discounted rate, had a great snack which was actually a full dinner for us as we were too tired to go back out; chicken strips, baked potatoes, mac & cheese, salad, hot dogs, popcorn, nachos, chili, etc. We also had red wine for free, free wi-fi, 1 hour of free long distance (didn't use it, but it was offered) and a hot breakfast in the morning.....such a deal. The staff were also so polite and helpful, it's nice to know they still exist. The room was very clean and nice.....all-in-all it was excellent and perfect for these two weery travelers.

Room Tip: The rooms were very quiet, we were on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends