Any readers of my reviews know that I love the Drury Inn's and will stay at one as many times as I can.
I was enroute to New Orleans and decided to stop over at this particular Drury Inn instead of driving straight through. I arrived late at night and the buzzer system to get in was rather nerve-wracking but the front staff was great. Very friendly and I lucked out and got an open parking spot right up front.
The elevator was a little old and seemed small, but that was the only negative as I arrived.
The room was next tot he elevator shaft but I didn't hear any noises at all from the elevator. The room was well appointed with plenty of electrical outlets, working ventilation and comfortable bedding.
My only real complaint was that the Internet was terrible. I had to resort to using my air card on several occasions. An upgrade to their system is definitely in order and hopefully will be completed soon.
Otherwise, this was a good stay.
I did not try their breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short distance from I-65, Drury Inn & Suites in Southwest Birmingham is seven minutes from the University of Alabama-Birmingham and a short drive to downtown Birmingham attractions. Relax in your clean, comfortable room and enjoy a free hot breakfast, served every day, as well as free hot food and cold beverages at our evening 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southwest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Birmingham Sw
- Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Sw Hotel Birmingham
- Drury Inn Birmingham
- Drury Birmingham